Here it is!! Ha ha...it's not that great, but we are excited to finally have a blog!! I felt like me not having a blog was comparative to me using a pager instead of a cell phone, and decided it was time to join the club! After all, I said that I would never read the Twilight Series either, and I'm already done with book 4!
I really don't know where to start cause I don't want to make a gigantic post of what's happened the last 10 years of my life. The biggest news is yes I did get married to Jeff Schaub and I love love love it!! :) The married club was a fun one to join! We got married last year on Friday December 14, 2007. I'm sure in some other posts I will mention some of our dating adventures...
I graduated from ASU and got my bachelor's in Digital Publishing/Graphic Design, but like most people I'm really cool and I've somehow managed NOT to use my expensive degree and currently work at the University of Phoenix...I don't really like to admit that I work there cause I promised myself that I never would (no offense to other U of P'ers who might actually enjoy it there) for a lot of reasons. None the less it's a job and I'm grateful to have one, like Jeff always says...I turn into a MONSTER if I talk about it to much. On a happy note, I do design on the side still creating wedding and baby announcements, so if you know of anyone in need send them my way. In conclusion let's just say that I work at the Oprah Magazine doing layout design!! :) Do you think if I wrote Oprah enough letters out of pity she would hire me?? The thought has crossed my mind.

Another happy topic in my life besides my job is my amazing, spectacular, inspiring, terrific, hottie hubby Jeffrey. Or in other words the only person I know that can put up with me...didn't think it was possible to find someone who could deal with my whining and out of control moments, but I did and I love him ohhhhhh so very much. It would be a novel if I wrote out or love story so maybe every now and then I will share a moment! The thing I will say is that he was a trooper and stayed with me the entire time, even when I had my running shoes on and sprinted off and broke his heart multiple times, he toughed it out. He still to this day would say that if he had to he would wait another 26 years for me. Awwwww, how sweet huh? I've known Jeff for a while and I always admired him from far away when he passed the sacrament in my old ward...instead of being reverent I would lean over and whisper to my old roomie Jenny Lange that I wanted to marry someone like him. I had a crush on Jeff for a long time and then finally the week of Valentine's 2007 he FINALLY asked me out on our first date. Despite all the challenges and break ups, I knew that I would always marry Jeff. Like most girls I was dramatic and thought that I knew what I wanted in my Prince Charming, but when it was right in my face I ran like the wind! He put up with it all, and still does put up with even more now that we are married. I don't know what I did without him before I had him in my life. He winks at me, knows that strawberry lemonade is my favorite drink and makes me laugh when I am grumpy, and I just love him! Below is a pic of Jeff from our honeymoon at Disneyworld in FL, he gets so so so very excited about yummy desserts!! I had to hurry and take this pic before he dived in!
We bought a condo and now live in Chandler! Jeff is working part time at Desert Schools Federal Credit Union and is also going to ASU for a degree in mechanical engineering. He is a smartie pants and I still have yet to find a question that I can ask him where he doesn't know the answer. He says that he knows a lot because he watches the Discovery Channel, I prefer to watch all the junky reality T.V. shows!
The first year of marriage has been a great experience and a roller coaster of learning. I feel very blessed with everything that I have. It's so much easier to look at the negative sometimes, or to complain about what we don't have, but I need to be better at counting my blessings cause there are many. I promise my next post will be more exciting and sparklie...I'm new at this blog thing and will catch onto all the tricks eventually...well I hope that I do at least! ;)






38 comments:
I LOVE IT!! It is GREAT!! You are both so fabulous--I am excited to read all about your everyday life!!
so pretty much i love you so much and i had such a fun time reading this post because it brought back so many memories!! I love you and i miss you!
not bad, elly. a few more good posts and you will be linked on my page. but not until I see how things develop. my blood pressure is through the roof right now...oh wait, that's probably yours! hope everything is well in pleasure town.
Very cute... I love it!!! Thanks for the text the other week... sorry I never responded back. I miss you Elisa... lets get together sometime soon!! Tell Jeff hi!! Love ya! :)
I'm excited that you have a blog! Dustin and I have one too. Well, his names on it, but I'm the one who writes stuff...when I get around to it.
i am super stoked that you have a blog. i feel that it is my only connection anymore to my friends and old roomies! my life is centered around the kiddos and i don't get out much! you look amazing and i am so glad i am caught up on your life! we need to have a serious reunion! love you!
I love it, Ellie! Yay!!! Also, I love seeing pictures of you guys. You're so very cute together. So post more of those.
YAAAAAAY!!! Ummmmm, no worries, I still use that email. And maybe now we really can keep up better. I was telling Steve the other day that I really needed to see how my little Els was doing! This still isn't as good as hanging out but blogging sure helps. I keep up with people that I normally wouldn't. Love it!! Just don't be a blogging slump-a-dump! Keep going!
Oh, I love that first pic of you guys on your post. Adorable.
Enough. I will send you a new invite to my blog.
Love you!
Yea! I am excited you have a blog...finally! I added it to my favotites already :)
Hallelujah! You were pressured into something finally! Haha. You will love it, and really keeping up with everyone's lives is the best part. I'm so excited! Plus it's super cute and you two are adorable. So are we doing As You Wish soon? I'm good any night except Tues or Wed of next week :) Love ya Elisa!
i'm glad you finally fell to some peer pressure! hope you have a great day and i can't wait to hear more about ya. hey, i want to see some pictures from your reception. take care BMF!
Ellie, what in the world! Remember how you were all worried that your blog would be boring and no one would want to read it? Well it appears that in one night you got 11 posts to your blog. That is a tie with my highest blog posting and I have been doing this for months. No excuses not to post you got it? You know how happy this makes me right?
I miss you my friend. I'm so glad you have joined the blogging cult so I can keep tabs on you better. I felt so terrible not being able to make it to your wedding...I bawled like a baby...but I was too far along in my pregnancy to do that kind of traveling. I'm sorry. You proabably didn't even notice I was gone...probably too in the moment...but know that I wanted to be there so bad. I think back on the good friends I've had in my 26 1/2 years and you are a bright spot. You look so happy and that makes me so thrilled. He's a lucky man. Anyways, enough of the gushy stuff. YAY BLOGGING!!!
Yeah I am so excited that you guys have a blog! I love it it looks great! Matt will love it too! He misses his best buddy Jeff!! We may actually be moving back for 6 months! We are done here in DEC! And we will soooo double!!
YAY!!! I wondered where you went to? I'm glad you are back on the map! I miss you and love you to death! Sounds like you guys are doing great. Can't wait to hear more about your life! Happy Posting!
Yay I'm so glad you have a blog diggity dawg! They are so much fun! Love the pics! You are gorgeous girl! I miss you so much! I will be in AZ for the whole month of December and into January so we have to get together! I love you girl!
yay. hooray. good job elle smack!!!! LOVE the background too. so elle like (expect its missing the glitter!)
YAY.....I got the message. And yeah, you can't add my blog and have an updated link like the others. It can still be added to the list though. If you see on my blog list, there are some that don't have info underneath them, that's because they are set to private. But it will tell you there is no feed for the url but will ask you if you want to add it anyway. There you go......that's how it's done. Anyway.......we'll talk soon.
I just wanted to put your comments up to 19!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, let's make it an even twenty. Then you'll be curious to see who has been leaving all these comments and you'll for sure see my comment.
Hahahaha........Love ya Els!!
Oh, P.s..........I forgot about the clogging at cold stone. Do you want anymore lessons. So funny!
I'm hogging your blog....better run!!
OMG YAY You finally have a blog!!!!!! It's about time!!! It's super cute, wanna design mine for me?!!? It's so lame! I want it to be pretty like yours :(
And cute cute pics!!
anyway,
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awww you are so cute. I love all these pictures of you and your cute little hubby. Woohoo! Post a lot!
ok thank you miss "I don't want a post because no one will read it because I have a boring life" and blah blah blah - and look!! You have over 20 comments. Pretty sure I haven't accumulated 20 comments over the entire life of my blog.
See!!? Aren't you glad you started blogging? Look at all these friends that you can keep in touch with!
You know that everyone loves you when you have 23 comments. I have never seen so many comments to one post. Miss Popular!!! I am so so glad that you started a blog. I'm so excited to get a little insight into your life. You and Jeff look so good together.
Why am I finding your blog by blog surfing??? And my name is already on there but I didn't know about your cute blog...you silly girl...I feel unloved! ha ha...I'm glad you started one...I always wonder what you two love birds are up to!!!
Lisy,
What a great creation. You and Jeff are just the greatest! You do us proud!
Your blog is so cute! It was nice seeing ya last week at Lindsey's party. You're still cute as ever!
And I think everyone in Mesa worked at UOP at one time or another (even me!) Good to see you and Jeff are doing great! You're such a cute couple!
ellyanna! you are under my bloglists...under DEVILS!!! so don't go being a devil and chewing me out over this! haha. You're on there! and after 28 comments, it is probably time to get on to post #2. maybe you could dedicate one to me and physics and pole dancing and stripping and Mihijo and Rico and camping...there are some ideas for you.
Welcome to the blogging world friend! I'm so glad that you joined because now we can write each other messages all the time! Your page is too cute for words...I expected nothing else! Have a great week and I'll chat with you soon sweetie! :)
yeah to having a blog!! i'm glad i found you:) you guys are so cute together. i still think it's so funny you married a schaub! what a small world! lov you tons. (and p.s. i'm so sad i couldn't come see you at your wedding still)
I am so glad I found your blog! You guys are such a cute couple! It was really fun getting to run into you in Sierra Vista last year. Glad to hear all is well!
About freakin' time you joined the rest of the world! :D Just kidding Leesie. Hey I am so glad that you found me and don't feel bad about not making it to the shower. Come see us soon! I haven't seen you since your wedding I think. Love you!
Hmmmmm, it was so hard to read your blog because I couldn't get past the part where you said you went to Disneyworld for your honeymoon and here I live practically in the parking lot and I didn't get to see you. :( p.s. i knew you would give in to the internet!
Ellie! You need to post again! Being part of the cool club means you post more than once!! Look at all of your fans just waiting for you to say something wonderful! Hurry! Post!
Holy Guacamole! 34 Comments??? Aren't we little miss popular?!?
Well hey there Elisa! It is Nikki Cavender Tross! Yeah! I love blogging and finding people that I loved in High School and haven't seen forever...yep, don't worry, that includes you! It was fun to read your first couple of posts...welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!
Love,
Nikki
www.jeffsthreegirls.blogspot.com
"Popular, you're gonna be pop-u-lar..." Ok, you get that if you've seen Wicked.
Wow, seriously how many people do you know?! I've never had this many comments on one post and I've been blogging for almost a year! I mean I have over 40 people listed on my "friends and family" list, but I don't know, maybe I post boring stuff and just hardly anyone finds it good enough to comment on...hmmmm...oh well. Anyway, glad to see you've joined the club!
Can I be a apart of the Ellie's blog fan club too?!! :) Holy Cow girl, you are rockin it!! I love it!! I'm SO glad you have a blog now yeah!! Now we can catch up through blogs,uh well when I update mine! :) Oh you work at U o P?. . . Thats ok. . . . Lol!! That still cracks me up!!!
I'm so excited to find you! You look wonderful. I can't believe how many years it has been since we used to go hiking and other crazy adventures! Check out my blog at strandfamilyadventures.blogspot.com
Laura
Post a Comment