Lately I have been such a Crafty Mc Crafterson! My good friend Abbey and I decided to go to As You Wish (it's this really cute place where you can paint pottery) last week and now we are both hooked, and decided that it is very relaxing just to sit there and paint while forgetting about all the stressful things in our lives. I wish I had a pic of Abbey's platter and bowl that she made cause they were adorable...hopefully she will blog about them! :) I decided to go with a typical frame which I didn't really like how it turned out because of the colors, but oh well. Then yesterday Abbey had this Super Saturday thing with her ward and I stopped by so that she could show me how to make this cool magnetic message board! Thanks Abs...I'm glad that being crafty has brought us back together!
Recently I had time to decorate our shelves in our living room and so here is a pic of that as well. So, maybe it looks like Jeff and Ellie mania, but what else was I supposed to do with the millions of frames and pics from our wedding? When you guys first were married did you have millions of wedding pics around as well? Maybe, I will grow out of it but for now I am still in newlywed world!
Last weekend we had a wonderful opportunity to do a Walk for Autism at the Phoenix Zoo for our cute nephew Ethan! We call ourselves "Ethan's Superheros" and hope to have our own t-shirt one day! My amazing sister in law Megan organized most of it and also raised a lot of money for the Autism Research Center through her scrapbooking crop that she had, thanks Megan! This was the first time that I got to walk with the Schaub family and it was so very fun, even if the Phoenix Zoo does not have the most exciting animals to look at. Jeff said, "Since we didn't have to pay to get in they hid all the animals from us!" I thought that was pretty funny cause they were all hibernating or something!! Have I mentioned before that all my nieces and nephews are so cute? The Schaub family is awesome, and I'm so very blessed to have the best in-laws.
This is random, but I'm so so so excited this year to decorate for Christmas! Last year we were lame and didn't even put up our christmas tree because we were so caught up in all the wedding bliss and had just got home from our honeymoon in Disneyworld that we didn't have time to do anything except sip hot chocolate from our cute christmas mugs that someone gave us! We even got a permit to chop down our own tree this year, we have a really high ceiling and thought that it would be pretty funny to get a tree that was super super tall! A while back I found these cute tree decorations at Costco and we finally bought them! It's great cause there are 84 of them and the best part is that they have glitter on them too!
Jeffy Updates: Yes, this is a pic of Jeff when he was little and I found it in my I-photo so I had to post it. He is doing great and is such a smarty pants when it comes to school. Seriously, he has to be one of the most intelligent people I have ever met and I admire that about him. I can ask him any question about an animal, car, a random history fact, or any math problem, and he always has an answer for me. He has been doing really well at school too, and getting the highest grades in his Calc 3 class. I told him that I want to put his tests on the fridge but he won't let me. Thanks for working so hard in school Jeff, I really appreciate it! :) I don't understand half the things he studies. :( Well, that's all for now...I promised Jeff that we would not be late for church again and have to hurry and get ready!







8 comments:
Looks like everything is going great with you. When are you going to visit good ol Thatcher. I want to see you. And Jeff can visit Matt and Megan at the same time.
Yeah for being crafty! I love being crafty...it's my fav. I have been scrapbooking lately...my project has been to scrapbook everything from when we started dating til our first anniversary...so we'll see how that goes. Your magnet board is super cute. I have seen lots like that lately...what did you use for it? Isn't it just metal and paper?Oh, and yeah for you for decorating your shelves finally! I know it's hard to afford decorations! I also like your Christmas ornaments! We found some at costco that we liked too, but we didn't need them b/c our tree is only 3 feet tall. :-)
Good to hear what you've been up too. And yes, our apartment was covered in pretty much just wedding photos for a while. But I loved it! There is nothing better then seeing pictures of the best day ever all over the place!
I love that you combine all of your posts in one. Also, I totally have to agree with washing your dishes before they go in the dishwasher. And I think I saw those ornaments at Ikea. but like, in the an-orphan-in-cambodia-with-one-hand-made-this ghetto version.
Check out that cute kid with a towel wrapped around his head!
And gosh, you have been busy. Why aren't we getting daily posts with ALL this stuff? :o)
Good girl on the crafting. Maybe you should come up to Ida Mc Idahoson to teach me. (Hahaha.......remember how you would do that "Mc Somethingson" stuff and I would always tease you/try it myself and I would never get it "right"???? Remember??)
Anyway, can't wait to see that big 'ol tree all decorated!
Ellie! I love your crafty stuff. Especially the metal message board. It's so cute. And thanks for posting the Zoo Walk pictures. Did you have any others? Would you be willing/able to post them on your Picassa so I can download them? Thanks!!
Elisa, you're frame is cute-and I love that your shirts in the pic match the blue, was that on purpose? :) Your board is so dang cute, I'm so stealing that idea too. Any time you want to go again, seriously I am so there! Who cares if I go broke painting pottery? Love you miss!
i want a magnet board like that, what did you use? and I lOVE as you wish. so fun. random thought: did you chop off you hair? it seemed so short in the zoo pics?!?! I'm totally winning that contest!!!!!!!!! :) yay me.
Post a Comment