Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Amber's Visit to K-town

There was no better way to celebrate Annabelle getting out of the hospital than to have a visit from my little sister Amber! She flew into Vegas a couple days after AnnaB got out of the hospital.  Jeff and I had been worried that Annabelle was going to have to stay in the hospital longer, but thankfully she got out right in time.  Ammery was so sweet and told me she had wanted to spend her birthday with us.

Our first stop after picking her up at the airport was Cafe Rio, she had never been before but liked it!


We still wanted to keep AnnaB home from church for a bit so Amb kindly volunteered to 
watch you while we went. Of course you made her play in your pink tent and read books! 


The morning of her birthday I had also heart attacked the bathroom mirrors for her with some balloons. Definitely wanted her to feel loved while she was here in Kingman.


For her birthday lunch we took her up to The Lodge Restaurant in the Hualapai's, 
it was so pretty at that time of year because there was so much snow everywhere! 
So fun to eat at a cabin like place and to see the deer all around.  










The waitress brought her out the most delicious apple cobbler pie! We couldn't get enough of it.




Of course the only birthday wish that had to come true was that she have a POUND CAKE for her birthday, her wish was granted and we called my Mom for her yummy recipe and baked one! I surprised Amb and sent her home with some and snuck it in her purse, I couldn't resist!




Amb has always been so thoughtful and generous and while she was here she needed to 
get some shoes and also bought me a matching pair at Payless. 


I'm thankful that she came down to visit us and to spend time with Annabelle.  Nothing lifts my spirits more than getting to have quality sister bear time.  I feel so very blessed to be surrounded by so many brothers and sisters who I can most definitely count on for laughter and to bring happiness in my life.  LOVE MY FAM! 

1 comments:

Amber said...

Ebbieees, Jeffieeess, and Annabelleeeess!! That was the best birthday weekend EVER!! I ate so much pound cake I got sick! But it was delicious!! Can't wait to visit K Town again!!