We didn't plan on throwing a big party for your 2nd birthday, but of course it just happened and we wanted you to feel special! I knew I had wanted to do something in the mountains for the occasion. At first I was thinking of doing tin foil dinners, but Dad and I decided that might cost too much so we went with fancy s'mores which actually ended up being more expensive…whoops!
We invited our friends from the ward and everyone showed up so it was really fun to celebrate with all of them! {Mike, Kali & Swayde Marzley} {Shayne, Kim, Kaira, & Kameron Monson} {Hans & Diane Hansen} {Roger & Megan Campos} {Stephen, Kristen and Ella Poe} (Scott, Rachael, & Charlotte Adams}
I would say they were pretty elaborate s'mores, I went all out on the toppings…sorry Dad! We had Reese's, caramel and chocolate syrup, hershey's, marshmallows, and Oreos to squeeze in the middle of the s'more. Everyone had a really fun time talking, eating, and just hanging out and smothering you with lots of love and presents!
Of course Grammy Shaver was so thoughtful and made you a polka dotted pink birthday skirt and shorts. I only wish she could have been there for the festivities, it's hard having her live so far away. You were our pink birthday princess for the day!
You, Swayde, and Charly had so much fun just being outside and playing in the dirt…I think you guys probably ate a couple of dirt s'mores too!
On your actual birthday Tuesday August 13, we just had cake and ice cream at home with us 3. Daddy made you a scrumptious chocolate cake with pink frosting and sprinkles! We waited to give you our big present which was your Schwinn bike! You loved it and fit perfectly on it. It was so fun to watch you pedal and ring your little bell, you caught the hang of riding pretty quick.
We can't believe that we have been fortunate enough to have already spent 2 joyful years with you. You will forever be our little Annabear, we are so thankful to be your parents and are amazed by how smart and sweet you are. Everyone just loves you, but Daddy and I love you the most! We love our family of 3 and you truly make life better.

















0 comments:
Post a Comment