Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Drumroll please….

IT'S A BOY!!!!!

20 Weeks:  I've been horrible at documenting things about this pregnancy. I can't believe I'm halfway there already, time has been going by pretty fast and it's crazy to think come next year 2014 I'll have a little baby boy in my arms to hold.

We found out the gender on 10/28/13. There is only 1 ultra sound tech here so she is pretty booked and busy. The morning of Jeff stayed home from work to go to the appt with me and we got breakfast burritos from Donut Deli to start the day off.  Thankfully Kali Marzley was willing to watch Annabelle because she wasn't allowed to come with us. She is a great friend who just lives down the street from us so it was convenient to drop her off there and plus Annabelle loves playing with her little boy Swayde.

The ultra sound tech Nan was super nice and always has relaxing yoga music playing in the background. The uncomfortable part was that I had to drink 30 oz of water 2 hours before and hold it so that she could do some testing. The test was to check my cervix and to measure it and make sure that it could stretch when the time came. After that part was done I literally ran to the bathroom to release the flood gates, and I don't even think my pants were zipped up!

She did some other measurements on the baby and asked if we wanted to find the gender out and of course we did.  A little part in my heart was aching for a little boy, but would have been so happy for another girl to doll up. I just have been feeling this whole time that it was a boy and that's who was next in heaven waiting to come down to our family. Plus we already had his name picked out and it just seemed right. She saw the "boy parts" and confirmed that it definitely was a little BOY. When she shared the news I did get teary eyed from my heart being so full of gratitude that we would have another chance to raise a child of God. She said the baby was healthy and measured right for everything and was on track from growth. After the first ultra sound she had put my due date a little bit further than what I had thought, but said she might be a bit off because he was curled up a bit. She did confirm that my due date would still stay at 3/16/2014.  I knew my Mom would be extra excited to hear this because she said before I had told her I was pregnant she had dream with a little boy in it.

I still have been feeling really well, but have the occasional cramping and back pains. I would take those over feeling queasy though.  I feel like I'm showing a bit more but my chubby tummy that I had before makes it hard to see the pregnant bump! My back especially aches if I sit a certain way or sit at the computer for too long.

I have quite the addiction to waffles and pancakes, that's usually all I want to eat all day long. I have been liking cereal and popcorn too. I try to share my waffles though whenever I make them so then I don't feel as guilty. I think I have Annabelle addicted to waffle pies! I also enjoy the taste of chocolate milk and croissants! I'm still able to wear all my normal clothes and haven't had to bust out the maternity clothes yet, my jeans still are buttoning up.

I'm anxious to start feeling little guy move, I think I have felt him a little bit, but it's not very prominent movements. I've been really tired lately and can just fall asleep on the couch easily after Jeff gets home.  Annabelle is so cute and already talks about her baby brudder and how she is going to help me out with him and change his poopy diaper. I know already that she will be the best big sister, she loves to help with anything we ask her to do.

Thankfully I don't have any stretch marks and still sleep well at night with only waking up once to pee. Best moment in the last couple of weeks during this pregnancy was when Jeff and I were finally able to attend the temple in Vegas.  When we were sitting in the celestial room all I could picture was you and Annabelle running up to us all dressed in white and leaping in our arms to give us a huge hug.  That made my heart happy. I'm thankful for the gospel and that we get to be an ETERNAL family, knowing that and being able to feel the truthfulness of such a profound covenant is the most beautiful image to me.





1 comments:

Amber said...

Yay! A baby boy!! Can't wait for my first lil nephew!