We were excited to head down to Mesa for your baby blessing because we hadn't been there since your stay in the NICU. We were nervous about taking you down there for the weekend, but knew it was important for you to be around family for this special occasion.
The night before your blessing you had been pretty fussy and I couldn't get you to fall asleep, but finally you were able to snooze off in your car seat for a bit. It was a rough morning and your Dad and I had argued a bit, but knew that we had to be on better terms so that we could feel the spirit that day of your blessing. We both apologized to each other and talked about what we felt it was important that he blessed you with. I wrote down a couple of things I was feeling that day and knew that Jeff would be guided by the spirit to say the right things. It ended up being a beautiful sacrament meeting and we both were very honored to call your our son.
Blessing Highlights:
1. Daddy mentioned that we were grateful for the manner of your entrance into this world and were thankful for the blessings we've learned and felt from your early arrival.
2. Blessed you to maintain the courage you already showed from being born early, that you would have the courage to stand for what is right and the courage to stand for truth always. That you would have the courage to stand, even if you were standing alone.
3. Blessed you to resist temptation and any evils that you would face in your life. Daddy blessed you that you would resist the challenges of others who will attempt to sway you.
4. Daddy blessed you with a sound mind, strong body, and a great love for your family.
5. He blessed you with a healthy body to serve those around you and that you would serve your family.
6. Blessed you that you would be strong in the church and that someday you would serve a mission and share good news with the rest of the world.
7. That you would prepare yourself to take a beautiful young women to the temple one day.
I always look forward to what your Dad is inspired to say, he spoke so eloquently and truthfully. I hope when you are older you can review these blessings and be inspired by them to always live a righteous life style and to be a courageous example to all those you come in contact with.
I'm glad Daddy mentioned being courageous in your blessing because since day 1 of you being born I felt so strongly that you had such a courageous little fighting spirit about you.
After your blessing we had a luncheon at the Schaub's house and of course all the food turned out yummy! Dennis and Debbie made Cafe Rio sweet pork burritos with lime cilantro rice. Then Grammy Shaver made her scrumptious pineapple upside-down cake for dessert. Everyone from Jeff's side of the family attended minus Ryan and Rachelle. Chris, Megan and Aunt Andi even flew in for your BIG day! Then from our side of the family Papa and Grammy Shaver came along with Phil, Nicki, Molly, Tara and Jocelyn. Peter was planning on coming too, but that morning Tiggs had been hit by a car.
Blessing Outfit
The week before your blessing Papa and Grammy Shaver passed through Kingman on their way up to Utah for conference then they stopped by on their way back too. Mom knew I had been struggling with having 2 kids at home, and all the pains from breastfeeding had been getting the best of me and I was a bit sad. I had so badly wanted her to stay a couple of extra days because I knew if anyone she would boost my spirits and keep me positive. Turns out that her and Dad talked about her staying with me so it all worked out for the best and she just drove with us to Mesa that weekend for your blessing.
Of course Grammy Shaver was in charge of designing and creating your blessing outfit. I knew she would sew something up that was one of a kind and her end product did not disappoint. We found the perfect white shoes and socks to match your blessing suit. All the minor details were made with lots of love from your Grandmama Shaver, she was so excited to be able to make your blessing attire. Anything my Mom sews is a full expression of her love for us.
Your luncheon was a scrumptious success and everyone was able to eat and catch up!
It was so nice to have everyone we love in one place, you got a lot of attention that day and everyone just wanted to cuddle you. You have lots of cousins who love you and just wanted to hold you!
It was beautiful weather that day too so we ate outside.
My Mom and I were a bit emotional that day of your blessing. We had both been so stressed about your outfit getting finished and all the other details, they were happy tears though...tears of
gratitude that you made it here on earth! I'm so thankful that my Mom and Dad are always so willing to travel to Mesa to be apart of events like this.


















0 comments:
Post a Comment