My sweeeeeet little boy, Paxey poo! You are such a happy baby, both Dad and I look forward to seeing you smile every.single. day. We knew from day 1 of being born that you had a special fighting spirit about you, and your bright smile just confirms it. I even look forward to your 3 a.m. feedings because after you're done eating I love to have those quite moments with you where I can just watch you beam!
You love when your Daddy comes home and first thing he wants to see is your smile…he'll talk to you and you'll turn your head away from him and pretend to be bashful, but then after a couple of minutes you'll give him the cutest sideway grin. He likes to hold you when he's sitting in the recliner, and you two will sometimes have the longest conversations which consist of you just cooing and making tender little baby noises.
I'm thankful for that bond I've been able to build with you where even though you can't speak it, I can feel of your love. Lately you get so proud of yourself when you stand up with me holding your hands. I tell you,
"Paxey, you are such a BIG BOY!" and you just look at me with a smile so big that drool comes out of your mouth. You haven't started to roll over just yet, and are not a big fan of tummy time at all, but are so sturdy on your legs.
You are just such a joy to have in our family, we have been blessed to be able to watch you learn and grow. What also just melts my heart is whenever Annabelle is around you, or when she is talking to you it's like you know she is your big sister and you always smile directly at her. Reminds me of the special relationship you must have had with her in heaven. She's always the first one to give you a toy or to check on you. One night when I was in the living room feeding you she got out of her bed and came out to me and said:
A: "Mom, is Paxton ok?"
Me: "Yes, he's ok."
A: "Ohhhhh ok, good night!"
When you have your grouchy moments it's usually because you are just so hungry you can't wait another second to eat! You are easily cheered up though, and will smile at whomever is holding you. As a mom it's one of my greatest delights to watch your whole face light up from the happiness you feel from within, it validates to me that you feel safe in the environment we are raising you in and that you too can feel of our love. When you get really excited you move your legs quickly back and forth or just squeeze your little fists. We think you are on the verge of laughing…Daddy has got you to giggle just a little bit here and there so we know it's coming!
When you smile your eyes light up too, it's such a pure and innocent emotion that it radiates glee to anyone around. I can already tell that your spirit will be able to lift others up, I hope you always treasure the happiness that so easily evolves from you.
0 comments:
Post a Comment