You will understand my title more once I explain the special gift I got from a friend at work. Those of you who know me know that I LOVE make up and anything that has some shimmer or glitter to it. I think my make up obsession started back in high school when my friend used to wear cool colors on her eyes and I wanted to do the same! Now it's evolved into mainly just any eye shadow that has a unique color!!
I've never been one to spend a lot of money on make up and always find a way to get the imitation kind a bit cheaper, although if I did have the cash flow I would go and invest in some nice fancy make up that would probably be better for my skin and last longer!

I told her how much I would love to have all those bright and vibrant colors for my eyelids, and then my sweet friend told me that she would give me some of hers...I told her not to worry about it and that I have enough make up at home and maybe one day I would be able to buy more MAC!
I come in the next morning to work and I found this a-MAC-ing gift at my desk....
She had gone to Michael's and bought those little plastic containers that you usually put paint in and filled them up with her colorful shimmer shadows from MAC!! I was so super excited and couldn't believe it!!! She even took the time to label all of them so I would know what color I was wearing!!!
This has to be one of the most considerate gifts anyone has ever given me, and I was so very thankful for her generosity!! :) Gosh, it made my day and I was even able to smile more at work which is hard to do sometimes considering the needy students I have to deal with!!
So, I pretty much want to spread sunshine and my new MAC shimmer shadows everywhere... so come on over if you would like a sample on your eyes!! I love doing make up and want to share it with with everyone!! Here is another shot of these beauties:
I hope some of you can share in my excitement cause I went home to show Jeff and all he said to me was, "Elle... that's nice and now you don't get to spend money on anymore make up!" I told him, "Yeah right, this just makes me want even more!!!" Ha ha!! :)






13 comments:
Oh Ellie, what an absolutely, completely, and totally perfect gift for you. You will shimmer and shine where ever you go. You know who you will have to invite over now for a make-up party...Audrey!!! And when you do, let me know cuz I would like some "sparkly eyes" too. Love ya,Megan
Holly cow! That is awesome! BFF award right there! Aren't you glad you work at UOP now?!
WOWZERS! That is a perfect gift for you!! So nice!
That's so awesome!!! I'm so jealous! I love MAC makeup. Those pigments will last for-ev-er too. The only downfall to them is that they are really loose and tend to fall down below your eyes. You've probably noticed? So--invest in a MAC shade stick. It's like a creamy fat pencil. Put that all over you eyelid first, and then apply the pigment and it will last ALL DAY. I'm so excited for you! Maybe I'll just have to buy me some makeup before the baby comes...
You should tell her you like her shoes, and purse, and clothes. You know, to test her friendship. If she really is your friend she'll give them to you.
LUCKY! I want some...
It just goes to show that some good things can come out of bad things like working at UOP!!! :)
What a thoughful gift! Doesn't that always make you feel like you really chose the right friends? I hope you enjoy your eyeshadow! I LOVE matching my eyeshadow to my outfit. It may be "silly" but there is just something about it that makes me smile!
That is nice! I'll come over so you can do mine!
Girlfriend....I am coming to phoenix at the end of May...I'd love to see you and meet the new hubs.
Haha, that is such a great gift for you! How sweet. So do you want to get togeth soon? Craft it up?
WOW! That is awesome sache! Holy cow! I love you, and I hope that I get to see you this weekend...
I'm jel, Baby-Bug!!
Ellie your so spoiled! I love you! This summer I'll have to come over and you can do my make-up!
Post a Comment