Every other year we have a Schaub family reunion and go camping at Woods Canyon Lake! It's a lot of fun and the first time I went back in 2007 Jeff and I were only dating, it was cool to go this year being married and having our own little tent! I'm so blessed to be in such a wonderful family!! Jeff and I were excited cause we went camping 2 weekends in a row, once with our ward then with his fam. Here are some of the highlights!!
This is our tent that Bishop Mooney and his wife gave us when we got married and left Fiesta Ward, they knew how much Jeff and I enjoyed camping! It was kinda small but worked out great, and I even helped put it up! :)
I love my nieces and nephews and I just want to play with them all the time, they are so entertaining to me!!

My husband's new toy is a bow, I know I was bratty about it when he first made this purchase but he worked hard to get the money for it and I have to admit he's pretty cute when he shoots it! :) I want to make him a little bag to hold his arrows in, but of course that would not be considered "manly" for him! There is an archery down the street that he has been able to go to and practice at!
My incredible mother in law Debbie and my niece Kate! Jeff was also able to get some great shots of the kids with our new camera! There were kids running around everywhere all the time and just having fun outside! Below are 2 of Jeff's cousin's kids and I couldn't get enough of them, sooooooooooo darn cute, Bryant and Claire!
Of course what would be camping without all the food?? Each day breakfast and dinner were assigned to a different family and this year we decided to do a dutch oven breakfasts, I think they turned out delish! I made a carmel pecan french toast thingie!
I had the opportunity to be involved in a Schaub family "tradition" that is initiated upon all new members of the family...it's called Ooga Booga! I was a bit scared but it ended up being really funny!! Here I am playing the game with my forks and chanting a song that I was told to repeat after someone...can't give you more details just in case any future Schaubs read my blog I can't give away the Ooga Booga secrets! They also play this toilet paper game that is similar to the game "Big Booty" where you have to keep the beat and of course Jeffrey is even good at that and won!
One of my fav things about the trip was that we finally got to meet baby Karlie from my last post!! She is so sweet and I could hold her all day long! Doesn't she kinda look like she could be ours?!?! ;) Hee hee!!
Last but not least I wanted to mention that we did have a pig at our campout, it was so funny to hear it squeal when Jeff's cousin would pick him up and take him back to their camp site! It was nice to have him clean the floors though with all of the dropped food. Of course we had to make the famous Schaub-ka-bobs and they were so yummy! It's pretty much biscuit dough wrapped around a dowel and then you roast it over some coals like you do with a smore. When it's done you fill it up with some butter and honey or jam and viola you have a tasty treat!!! :)








8 comments:
how fun! derick and i got a tent for our wedding too but have never used it. sad. miss you guys!!!!!!!
My favorite part is your cute commentary! I'm SOOOOOO glad you're my sister-in-law. Even if you did get stuck with Jeff. ;)
ELISA! You need to have a baby! Seeing you and Jeff take a picture with the babe made me baby hungry for you!
elly-ronchy! OMG. I wish I was camping right now. Or doing anything but be in NYC studying my brains out. It looks like you guys had fun up in my neck o' the woods. Jealous x 19!!!
looks like you married into a pretty cool family! hope you are doing good!
Sounds like you guys had a great time! What a neat tradition to become apart of for you! Glad you enjoyed the family campout! :)
What??? You were bratty about something?!? I AM SHOCKED!
hahaha
Schaub Kabobs!!!! Oh those are my fav!! Looks like you guys had tons of fun! Hope you are doing well! Love ya Ellie!
Post a Comment