
We stopped in Paige Utah for the night and our hotel room was really nice, and very comfy! Ha ha...I shared a bed with Kaylie and she woke up in the morning and said, "Aunt Ellie you stole all the blankets and I was freezing!!" Whoopsies...Jeff says the same thing!! Some pretty scenery from Paige.

Kiki actually got induced the day we started driving up there so we were kinda in a hurry to arrive so that we could help out and play Mom's for a couple of days. Baby Karlie Kiani Weichers arrived on May 27! Unfortunately her stay at the hospital was a bit longer than expected cause she was born with pneumonia and later on the Doctor also found a small hole in her lung which might have been caused by CPAP which pushed air into her lungs after birth. Karlie had to stay in the NICU for a couple of days, and couldn't really have visitors, but we still wanted to go and visit Kiki. They had to send her to the Idaho Falls hospital that had better equipment to fit her needs. Obviously a lot of time has passed, and she did make it home safely with her fam and is doing much better now! I was really bummed that we never actually got to meet her but I'm happy that she got the care she needed.
At the hospital waiting with Kaylie and my little nephew Eli. Kaylie drew a picture for Auntie Kiki and I just had to post it. I love how kids describe things, if you look really close you can see she drew the baby in her tummy!


I wasn't able to get any pics of Karlie cause I never had a chance to see her since she was in the NICU and things were a bit crazy at the hospital the first time we were there, but I did steal some pics of her off Kiki and Meg's blog...

These are some recent pics of her when she was able to go home and be with her family after we had left! We had a welcome home party for Kiki and the kids made her this poster and we gave her a mini baby shower! karlie and big sister Kate! I love how Hawaiian all of Kiki's kids look, they have the most beautiful features!!



There is one word to describe my sister in law Megan: INCREDIBLE! She seriously amazes me with her drive to better herself and to love everyone around her. She was the PERFECT mom for the kids while Kiki and Jared were at the hospital. I just wanted to give her a personal shout and tell her thank you so much for making our trip so memorable. She was on the go right when she woke up and took care of all the cleaning, laundry, cooking, and other house chores for everyone. Meg has many many qualities about her, but one of my fav is that she is a fantastic cook! When we were there it was like we had our own personal chef! I only got pics of 2 of the meals that she made and boy were they were delish! The crepes and this bolognese sauce (spaghetti sauce) were some of my top fav!! Meg even went far and beyond her call of duty and cooked home made noodles from scratch, she actually has a noodle maker!!!

I tried to do my part as well and hung out with the kids a lot! There is a park right by their house, so we went there one day and they had so much fun. My nephew's Enoch and Eli are professional bug and rock hunters and could play in the dirt all day long! We made a new rule while we were there and it was that since it was summertime and they were out all day long playing, that meant bath's every night...no exceptions! :)

Sad, but Meg and I only really got this one pic together...now I understand how busy and demanding it is to be a Mom! Poor Kiki was still swollen even after she had come home, we wanted to spend as much time with her as we could, so we propped her feet up and put her near the kitchen where Meg and I could still talk to her while cooking. We had wanted to do a session at the new Rexburg Idaho Temple, but there wasn't enough time so we just drove by it and I got a pic at least, so pretty!!




While in Rexburg I was able to visit 2 of my really good friends Heather and Ashley! It was so fun to spend some time with them and their families, and to have them show me around Rexburg a bit. I grew up with Ashley in Sierra Vista and she has always been a
HUGE example to me! She is just one of those people that I want to be around all the time and she catches on quick to my sarcastic ways! It was the best to meet up with her again. We even worked together at Cold Stone in high school! I love ya Ash! :) She is another one of those unbelievably talented people who just shrugs it off like it's not big deal to come up with a million creative things to make daily. I have a blinkie on my side bar for her
Make It and Love It blog where she for free demonstrates how to make crafty things, so check it out! She also sells some of her own personalized crafty stuff at her
Etsy Shop, I recommend going to both! I was so excited to finally meet her kids Connor and Elli!!



Then I got to reunite with my old
non-stop LAUGHING friend H-diggity! Oh Heather...you made my college days so memorable! I think most of the times I have wanted to pee my pants from laughing so hard was because of you! Right when I saw her we started laughing!! :) You are a complete joy to be around and I wish we lived closer! Only with you would I eat chips at a nasty Mexi restaurant make up a lie, and then pick up and leave to go to a better restaurant...still makes me laugh! Heather also took me to this place where she claimed they had the best cupcakes... and she was RIGHT! So yummy!!! Her daughter
Brighton was so adorable! Side note for Heather: my cupcake key chain broke too...then I tried to super glue that one thing back in and it didn't work so well...:'(


I'm so thankful that I had the opportunity to spend some time with the Weicher's family in Idaho, it was an awesome trip and I can't wait to go back!! We made pretty good time on the way home and we were even able to stop at one of the Dams, I forgot the name of it, but it was really cool! How many of you out there like V8 juice? Kaylie is a faithful V8 juice fan, so Meg stopped and got her some on the way home!
In closing we had a great achievement happen while on our way back to Arizona...
WE WERE SO VERY PROUD OF HER!! Now she is even blowing and popping bubbles without using her hands and she can do it all with her tongue! I'm happy to share that I did get this on video...it's worth watching to see her expression at the end! Thanks again Meg and Kaylie for the rockin' road trip we had...I love you both so much! :)
8 comments:
You are the bestest Auntie!
ps: Cute header!!!
FUN! Soooo jealous you got to see Ashley. I haven't seen her since she was preggers with Elli!!!
Oh Ellie, I LOVED your post! Thankgoodness you recorded our trip, cuz I've never gotten around to writing it down. I loved traveling with you and would definitely love to make it an annual thing!
You are so fun! I'm sure your road trip was a blast!
I am drooling over those food pictures right now. Agghhh...
What a great trip! Love all the pictures of you and the kiddos. The video of your neice is priceless.
HEY! The font looks great, good job! Just make the header a little bigger in photoshop and then upload it. I wouldn't go any longer length wise, just add some width so it's more of a rectangle. I'll email you mine so you can see the size.
I LOVED seeing you. It's so weird that we all have such different lives now and don't get to hang out whenever we want to. Dang. But I loved every minute you were here. Too bad I couldn't stop eating that caramel corn after you left. And next time, you're going to have to stay longer. We need to make an AZ trip so bad......so maybe we'll go hang out in your condo with you guys. Can the kiddos sleep in your bed with you guys??? :)
Ellie---I LOVED your post. Thanks so much for coming and helping out. I literally would not have survived w/o you! Love ya lots!
Post a Comment