My persistent friend Miss Pay Shunce is hard to describe sometimes, but she is a frequent visitor in our home so I figured I better find the good in her instead of complaining about her ALL the time. I feel like the older I get the more she wants to be in my life, sometimes I just want to push her far far away...aren't I capable of receiving blessings without you?? I will admit though when you are in my life the blessings do seem more fulfilling in the end after the trial is over, so I will say thank you for that!
The prophets and the gospel talk about you in depth and you have even blessed the lives of some important people in our church, Joseph Smith being just one of them. I figure if they invited you into their modest homes for awhile I can do the same. My objective is to do it with a more humble heart and willingness to accept the Lord's will.
People who are impatient can be perceived as having symptoms of being selfish or self absorbed, so without you Miss Pay Shunce I would be dwelling in my own pity party without anyone wanting to attend. So, next time you come into my life and knock me down hard like you usually do I want to remember the positive and uplifting traits about your tough character.
PATIENCE:
- Patience-- the ability to put our desires on hold for a time--this is a precious and rare virtue
- Patience is a purifying process that refines understanding, deepens happiness, focuses action, and offers hope for peace
- Patience means active waiting and enduring
- Patience is not simply enduring; it is enduring well
- Patience is a godly attribute that can heal souls, unlock treasures of knowledge and understanding, and transform ordinary men and women into saints and angels






5 comments:
She has had to visit me too. She's a frequent visitor once you have kids.
You are so cute Elisa! I struggle with this daily. Love you!
Oh my gosh I love this post so much I almost sprinked! I also LOVE that talk and keep it in my nightstand, with a couple others that I have to re-read frequently. I love you so much and I miss you! PLEASE come and visit me!!!
aw that's sweet Elisa! I don't know if I'll EVER be able to conquer this so admire ya! Me and Pay Shunce do NOT get along. She tries, but I push her away every time. Thanks for your example :).
Aah...yes...my nemesis, my arch rival, my enemy. So, you are welcoming her, huh! I still fight it and fight it. All in all, I know what is good for me. And you do too...thanks for pointing it out once again. I too am striving to understand her a little more. It does feel so good to knock her around sometimes though. Words of encouragement is just what I needed. Thanks doll face!
Post a Comment