Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What is a Jeffrey Pine?

Hello blogging world!  Gosh, sometimes being a graphic designer and knowing what I do know about design makes me want to fancy everything up and make it all cutesy before I create a post...hence the reason for me not posting in a while!  :(


Onto more exciting things besides excuses of why I haven't updated my bloggy in awhile!  Have I told you about my wonderful, relaxing trip to Big Bear Lake, CA?  Nope, not yet...so buckle up cause here you go on your fun ride of pics and info galore of our last vacay!


So, do you know what a Jeffrey Pine is?  Raise your hand if you do...:)  Well, I didn't know much about it until we took one of our nature hikes in CA, I'm not much of a hiker, but enjoyed myself on the short hikes we did take while we were there.


Definition of a Jeffrey Pine:  The Jeffrey Pine may live 400 to 500 years and can attain immense size. It typically grows 4 to 6 feet in diameter, and 170 to 200 feet in height. To date, the largest Jeffrey Pine recorded in the Western Sierra Nevada had a diameter of 7.5 feet, and a height of 175 ft.


                      
            



Well above is my definition of a Jeffrey Pine---he is the cutest one in the world!!!  I die laughing every time I look at this pic cause his face in it is just classic!!! :)


I'm far from being any type of model but I do watch enough ANTM that I learned a couple of poses and how to *smize* (smiling with your eyes) as Tyra Banks would say!

We stayed at Lagonita Lodge and it was super nice!  It was great cause the lodge would plan activities for anyone who was staying there and you just had to sign up and attend them. On our first morning we went on a boat cruise around the lake, most of the time I was sitting there imagining what kind of ritzy cabin Jeff and I would build when we reach the status of being a millionaire...don't worry, you can all come and visit!


Here...why don't you play pretend like you own one of these dolled up cabins---they were sooooooooooo nice!  The tour guide did tell us that Britney Spears, Al from Home Improvement, Goldie Hawn, and the guy that does the voice for Buggs Bunny all own cabins right on the edge of the lake.  What a perfect place to hide from the paparazzi!!




By far one of the most exciting things we did on the trip was go down this slide from the mountain on these one cart things---I made Jeff's Dad stop when I noticed it from the side of the road, I just had to try it!  I would have posted a pic of myself doing it, but boy oh boy...when you are crunched in that position the whale in your sure POPS out!!

Ask Jeff what one of his most FAV things about me is...when I talk in my NY or English accent...ha ha, he actually despises it, but I do it anyways because I still have to practice my theatre skills somehow...find the pic where you think I am talking in my accent! :)

I absolutely love my in-laws, I really do feel so blessed to have them in my life. They are a huge support to Jeff and I and I'm thankful I can turn to them for some extra faith, guidance and for a fun time.  I thought that they would have been sick of Jeff and I after the long trip with them, but they said we were great travel buddies and want to plan another trip with us, YAY!! :) We are thinking Hawaii next year...



What perfect Halloween glasses huh??  Doesn't Debbie make a cute Harry Potter?? :)



I loved going out in the mornings and just sitting on the porch and reading a book and drinking hot chocolate!!  Jeffrey loves his candy and once again I love to pose!! Ha ha!




When I have my million dollar cabin at Big Bear Lake I will definitely invite one of these adorable little bears to crawl through my window anytime!!!


Text me if you made it through this long post and I will buy you an ice cream cone! :)  In closing I will leave you with some oh so beautiful and delicate pics from the famous photographer Geoffrey Guston Shuhabeh





12 comments:

Amanda Stephan said...

Ellie you crack me up!!! I've never been there but have always wanted to go....looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Chitney said...

Ellie! It looks so beautiful there and looks like you guys had so much fun! I love your ANTM poses! I taught you well! When do I get my ice cream cone? K love you bye!

Katie said...

Love your posts! I'm so glad you had fun, I've heard good things about Bear Lake. And I loved learning about the Jeffrey tree. Never even knew about it. ;)

ps: my verification word is dings. Ha ha!

The Wheelers said...

such pretty pictures! thanks for sharing!

Brenden+Nikki said...

I want the blue cabin.

ha ha and I'm actually dying over the picture of Jeff next to the tree with his hand straight up in the air. hahahahahahahahah

The Payne family said...

Hooray for finally posting about your trip! Looks like a lot of fun. Next time I think you should come to Fresno though!

Mary Anne said...

Oh my gosh Elisa could you be any cuter!?! You are so funny I love it. There are countless things I wanted to comment about and I just don't know where to start! First of all, I love that you do your accent even though Jeff despises it :) I LOVE the picture of the Jeffery Pine! LOVE IT! I guess I need to start watching ANTM because girl you got skills and I need some better poses. You are so cute. And lastly I loved seeing pictures of Jeff's parents. They are so great!

P.S. You owe me an ice cream cone!

Jocelyn Shaver said...

Elisa! That was my favorite post to date. the *smize* made me laugh so hard. Listen to master Tyra! All the pictures you look soo cute! I love it. Take me with you to Bear lake next time. I love the bloggity boo! Oh gosh the Jeffrey Pine was priceless.
Love you sister,
Joc
P.S. my favorite ice cream flavor is cookies n' cream. :D

Cheryl said...

Ellie. You are hilarious. I love the name you gave to Jeff the photographer...Geoffrey Schoablafgaodsgib or whatever it was. Ha!
The Jeffrey pine is hilarious too.
I wish that I could go out and have some peace and quiet to read in the mornings....I guess I could, but I prefer sleep now that I have a little one to keep me busy!
I can't wait to see you guys in December!

Jenn said...

ok first off, HOORAY that you actually wrote a blog!! I miss your face and REALLY want to get together sometime in the next 7 weeks before this baby comes out of me! This looks like such a WONDERFUL trip, I am jealous! You guys are such cute and fun peeps. And yes, you said it and this pregnant lady will TOTALLY hold you to it, you absolutely owe me an ice cream cone. seriously. I really want one now!

Amber Fenn said...

Ellie Kabob I miss you and you look so pretty in all these pics! Your hair is always so nicely teased!...I miss the days that you would tease my hair and make it look so good :)

Amber Fenn said...

Ellie! I LOVE & MISS your accents!!!! Tell Jeff he is lucky to have that in his life!! :)