Thank you---->For all your sweet and thoughtful comments about me being preg! The support and love is overwhelming and daily I feel blessed to have such wonderful friendships and amazing family that surrounds us. Thank you for taking the time to share in our happiness, we definitely appreciate it. :)
My life has been consumed with tiredness, working full time, prepping to be a Mom and watching the new season of American Idol... that right there is 2 of my week nights! If you watch AI tell me who your fav is! I'm all for the ever so talented Pia!!! Anyways, forgive me for my bad blogging-ness lately!
I feel a bit behind on the bloggy and there are a couple of events that I need to highlight before all the baby details...keep reading and there will be more about baby soon!
Back in January we were fortunate enough to receive free tickets from Jeff's uncle to the Barrett Jackson Car Show because he works the event with his family every year. Those of you who know Jeff know that his love for cars is endless and if we had the money he would have a garage full of Mustangs! I was excited just to see him so happy to be around so many cool cars.
This is the car I wanted...can you guess why?? It's PINK!!!
So, this is actually a boat, it was huge! My fav were the
scandalist girls who were promoting it...
We invited our good friends the Stephan's to come with us, Mike
shares the same passion for cars as Jeffy!
We thought this would be a nice car to caravan all the kids in, it was so fancy inside!!
Yes honey, one day you can have a car like this... :)
I think these tiny cars are so cute, but then Jeff always tells me that I would
get smashed in an instant if I were in a car accident.
We had a really good time there and at the end we watched the auction for a bit and imagined what it would be like to have that kind of money to raise your hand and make a bid on such an expensive car!! Our Nissan and
old Mustang will have to do for now!
Our nephew Zack got baptized:
There is just something so special about the spirit when little kids are involved, I completely understand why we are always instructed to be more child-like. Zack's little brother Ethan also sang a solo and he did so well. Thank you Zack for being an example to all of us that day, I know Heavenly Father was looking down at you smiling!
Yes, we did have subs afterwards that came in the shape of a "Z"!
Celebrate good times...come on...
We waited a bit longer than normal to share our exciting news about baby just because I was very scared that something would happen, more to come on that. Really the only people that knew up until I was 12 weeks were our parents,
other than that it was kept a secret.
A long time ago one of my dear friends Jen Mullenaux said said that I needed to have a baby schaublet! I fell in love and never forgot that she had referred to it as that. Then my creative friend Jenny Payne will draw me pics on her phone on
certain occasions and came up with this...
It's kinda like a goblet but schaublet instead...hee hee!!! So baby is referred to as that.
Some of our first friends who we shared our joy with were Mike and Jenny. We had originally planned on going to their house for dinner, but it was really to share the news with them, I had to tell her in person. I feel awkward when I tell people
but Jeff said to tell her that I had a picture I wanted to show her
and of course it was of the ultra sound.
She had no idea this news was coming, because I had been telling her I was about to go on fertility drugs and was still doing some testing. Her reaction was priceless and we both ended up crying there in her kitchen. One thing about Jenny is that no matter what she has treats at her house or will have something to make a treat!! She of course had all the stuff to make some chocolate fondue and all the trimmings to dip in it! We had lots of fun celebrating with them that night!! I love you Jenny and appreciate your friendship and constant support through my baby journey.
Your calls after all my Dr appointments meant the world to me, you are a
great friend and your kindness is genuine.
And to hold all of you off until more of the baby details come...
here is my baby bump at 19 weeks...
I haven't really taken any pics of the "bump" yet because prior to getting preg I was already chubby so it was hard to tell that I was even preg!!! A funny thing I read in my baby book is that when someone has more "padding" on their tummy it takes longer to feel the baby move, and I would be the one in the category of more "cushion" on the tummy! At least baby has some extra squishy-ness to lounge in right??
To be continued...



























9 comments:
Ellie! I am so excited for you and Jeffy! I felt the same way about telling people...it was just kind of awkward for me ha. Gary pretty much told everyone and I was fine with that ha.
P.S. Your tummy is darling!!!!
Haha! I love that you used my phone picture. That's funny. And I'm so happy you posted a baby bump picture even though I got to see it in person, which was wonderful by the way!
Word can't express how excited I am for Baby Shaubette! I love you SOOO much and seing your adorable face made me miss you! Can we PLEASE get together soon??!!
Aw Ells, it's so fun to be featured on your bloggy! I love baby Schaublet already and can't wait to hold him/her soon! And our babies will be the same age, so they need to be friends!! Play dates and everything! I love you!
I'm still sooo excited for you two!
P.s. Pia is the best one on AI.
We miss you guys already. If we get a bigger place and you don't have to sleep in the living room, will you just come live here? ha ha.
That's cool that you got to go to the auto show. All of those cars were totally awesome. However, nothing compares to the pink Hello Kitty car. Nothing.
I am glad that I got to see the baby bump in person. And I can't wait for tomorr to find out what it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. we found the duck. Did you get my text?
I love your baby bump! I hate that "You can't tell I'm pregnant, it just looks like I had a run in with a few packages of Oreos" look. At least that's what it's like for me :) But you "def" look "preg"! Love and miss you!
Thanks for entering the give-a-way!
I read part of your blog and just wanted to say congratulations on becoming a mommy! It is one of the greatest joys to be a mother! I read how you were going to start fertility meds...not sure how long you have been trying, but I was in your shoes. It took us 4 years until our little girl finally came and although it was a rough, hard journey, it made me learn and grow in so many different ways and has strengthened my faith in numerous ways. Take it all in and enjoy even the "not so fun" parts of pregnancy! (Which I am sure you already are doing.) I was reading in the ensign this month and came across this article http://lds.org/ensign/2011/04/faith-and-infertility?lang=eng
and started crying reading it all. It was really good and I related to it so much.
Anyways, sorry for the long comment! I just have come across a few people lately who have been in my same shoes and it is a little reminder to me that God is aware of us and cares for us and we are not alone :) ....anyways, congratulations!!!! I am so excited for you to become a Mom!
Best wishes :) Kelsie
So excited and happy for you friend! You are going to be a wonderful mother and Jeff an excellent father. We are so overjoyed for your happiness and wish you all the best!
Post a Comment