Dear Baby Jelly,
I feel that the time is getting really close to when you will make your arrival and everything seems to be more real that we will actually be parents soon. Naturally I worry and stress about things a lot, and knowing that I will be your Mom there are some thoughts I wanted to share that I hope you will always remember.
There is no recipe to being a perfect Mom, but I want to always be a Mom that shows you unconditional love. I'm excited to be a Mother of Zion and waited a while to have this opportunity. I loved you even before I could feel you move or see any of your characteristics. You were a small pea when we saw you for the first time on the ultra sound. I want to be there for you when you make mistakes so that we can learn from them together, I want you to be able to find a friend in me. I hope you remember the value of kindness as I firmly believe that how you treat others is how you will be treated in return and I only want the best for you.
I hope from a small age that you carry your Heavenly Father's love with you everywhere you go, it is a perfect love that will get you through hard times. He will always see the divine potential in you, and I want you to have the courage to live up to what you can and should be as a daughter of God. When I worked with the young women in the Twelve Oaks 2nd Ward in Chandler it would just break my heart when the girls couldn't see their heavenly beauty and all the blessings they were capable of receiving if they chose to live righteously. Treasure the virtue and individual worth you were born with and make sure to always guard it.
I can't wait to play with you and make funny faces together and just to laugh! I know that you will make me laugh a lot and your love will be such a comfort to us. Dad always tells me he can't imagine the things we are going to do while he is at work...we might have to get creative cause we are in Kingman, but we will make it an adventure! I'm excited to watch you learn and grow and to see what things you pick up on. The last couple of days I've been envisioning what it will finally be like to hold you in my arms and tell you how much I already love you. I can't wait to see you open your eyes for the first time and to hear your cry and just to feel your warmth against my skin.
I could always be better at being more patient, and I think through parenting that is a skill I will have to brush up on quick. I hope and pray that instead of getting frustrated with things that you may do, that I can see the world through your eyes and try to understand it that way. I have a lot to learn by being your Mom, but hopefully we will learn things together. I can't wait to dress you up in all the glitter and girly pink stuff I can get my hands on...I hope you don't mind that you will be my little doll for a bit! I can't wait to squish you and have our own little language together through all the little noises you will make.
I hope that through your entire life my love will be apparent to you and that you can develop a trusting relationship with me. I've been fortunate enough to always be surrounded by supportive family and friends who have helped me find who I truly am. Always take the time to search for the good in others; let their positive influence help you walk away with something of value to add to your own character.
I can't wait until you are born so I can see what traits you carried from your Dad, I think he is the cutest thing in the world and there are many things I hope you take after him. I want you to know that he is my rock and has helped me in the journey of preparing to be your Mother. He loves you so much already and it warms my heart to see the sparkle in his eye when he talks to you in my tummy. One of the traits that was always so evident about your Dad was his love for kids...I could watch him all day with his nieces and nephews. He won't admit to it, but he sings to you and says all the time that he just wants you to come out and play. Your Dad to me exemplifies faith, strength, endurance and love. He has a very tender spot in his heart for his girls, his love is genuine and sensitive and I have no doubt you will feel it right when you are born. Don't ever hesitate to turn to him for guidance in your life and for some extra faith. Knowing him I can honestly say that he will always be there for you, he is very committed to everything he is involved with.
I love you so much already and am anticipating all theses changes that we will experience in the next couple of weeks, I'm glad that I have you and Dad to help me get through it all. I know we will figure out a routine that will work for all three of us and most importantly I hope that me, you and Dad can always keep the view of an Eternal Family in our sight during all the transitions. As the primary song Families Are Forever says, "I want to share my life with them through all eternity" is exactly my goal, I hope as your Mother I can live up to this and do it with finding a joy in all aspects of life.
With all my love,
Mom
Seasons of Life - Changes we've seen lately
8 years ago






5 comments:
I think I've said it before, but I'll say it again...that is one lucky girl coming to your home! You will be such a loving, strong, and FUN mom Elisa...I can't wait to see this little girl! So so close. You're going to love it.
Aw this made me smile from the inside out! ;) You are going to be an amazing mother and this is one LUCKY little girl coming your way! I honestly can't imagine anything short of you two being very friends as well as mother and daughter. A tough balance, but one I think you'll be a natural at! Can't wait to see her!
Sprink! Sprink! Sprinky-doodles!! I just love this. What a great gift for your sweet daughter! I have been thinking about you so much lately and wishing I could go visit you! Wondering how you are holding up (the last few weeks are always really hard on me!), and wishing that I could just chat with you! I am SO excited for you and can't wait to meet schaubette!
You are going to be such a great mom! Your primary experience was good training :-) just kidding!
I'm so excited for you!!!
um hi remember that one time you made me cry?! Gee wiz. Little Annabelle is so lucky to have you as a mom and you are lucky to have her. This letter really touched me because I can already see the transformation you have made to becoming a mom. I always found it interesting that we almost live 2 lives one as a child and another as parent. As a parent you develop a new set of eyes and traits and characteristics that only can be developed by being a parent. Its truly a divine calling to be a mother. I couldn't be any more happy for you and Jeff. :) I love you two so much and know that you will provide Annabelle with everything she needs to succeed in life. :) I love you elle!! :)
Post a Comment