Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

4 Year Anniversary

4 Years Together:

December is always a special month for us because not only do we celebrate Christmas but we also get to enjoy our anniversary on December 14th.  It's become tradition for me to make Jeff breakfast on our anni, and this year I had to wake up super early to get it ready since he leaves to work at 5:45 a.m.  I didn't take any pics of it, but I made this scrumptious sausage/hash brown/egg breakfast casserole!  I love exchanging cards with Jeff because he has a way of writing things that just always hit me really hard and make me realize how truly lucky I am to have him as my prince charming. 

Since the money tree is low on shedding it's dollar bills we decided not to do gifts, but Jeff surprised me anyways with this really cool photo book he made for me with pictures of our first years together before baby came.  It was so thoughtful and I enjoyed reading it and seeing all the pics of us from back in the day.


These pictures remind me of when I knew I loved Jeff and would marry him.  He came to visit me in Flagstaff when I was an EFY counselor there in June 2007.  Funny thing is that I wanted to break up with him again right before I left to EFY because I didn't want the attachment of a boyfriend back home.  

In my silliness of always running away from Jeff I remember thinking that I wanted to be free just in case there was a cute EFY counselor who I was supposed to be dating instead.  How dumb I was not to notice the cute boy from Mesa who drove all the way up to see me with a picnic packed in the trunk of his car.  Later that weekend on a baseball field we shared some things that were not coincidental and I knew then I could no longer fight the fact that I was supposed to share my life with him. 

These pictures remind me of when I knew I loved Jeff and would marry him.  He came to visit me in Flagstaff when I was an EFY counselor there in June 2007.  Funny thing is that I wanted to break up with him again right before I left to EFY because I didn't want the attachment of a boyfriend back home.  

In my silliness of always running away from Jeff I remember thinking that I wanted to be free just in case there was a cute EFY counselor who I was supposed to be dating instead.  How dumb I was not to notice the cute boy from Mesa who drove all the way up to see me with a picnic packed in the trunk of his car.  Later that weekend on a baseball field we shared some things that were not coincidental and I knew then I could no longer fight the fact that I was supposed to share my life with him.   












I always want to remember: 

1. The restaurants we liked to eat at were Pei Wei's, Texas Roadhouse, Macaroni Grill, Wing Stop, Rumbi, Chick-fil-A, Aloha Kitchen, Macayo's and Red Robin.

2.  We were in the car after Jeremy and Liisa's temple sealing when I first told you that I loved you! (July 7, 2007)

3.  On our first date you took me to Macaroni Grill and the Hyatt where we sat and talked around a fire pit for a long time.

4.  You first kissed me while we were watching Lord of The Rings.

5.  You first held my hand at Tempe Town Lakes while we were walking around! (remember the red umbrella on that one building?)
   
6.  You first told me you loved me in your room.

7.  On Sundays in the singles ward you always liked to match your ties to my outfits.

8.  You would always stay up late writing me emails so I would have something to read when I went to work in the mornings. 

9.  We danced to Tim Mc Graw's "My Best Friend" at our wedding. 

10.  The sealer during our wedding ceremony said that being married in the temple doesn't guarantee happiness, but if we love each other then we will always work towards being happy.





0 comments: