Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas 2011 in SIerra Vista

We were able to spend Christmas 2011 in Mesa and Sierra Vista with both of our families. We did Christmas Eve with Jeff's family and had the traditional pizza night with them, then headed to SV on Christmas day.  My parents loved having Annabelle at their house for the first time.  Of course my generous siblings spoiled Annabear and got her lots of fun gifts, she enjoyed her first Christmas very much!  

Another highlight is that we were able to Skype Jarom from Spain, he is on a mission there.  It was his first time seeing Annabelle.  When he gets home this December 2012 she will already be 16 months.  Fortunately he has had an amazing mission with many uplifting positive experiences.  It's always so humbling for me to hear how his testimony has grown through his emails.  I miss him dearly, but I know that him serving the Lord is one of the best things he can be doing right now in his life.




I asked my Mom to make her scrumptious homemade pizza for Christmas dinner instead of having the traditional turkey, stuffing and potatoes meal.  You could definitely say that she 
has perfected her pizza, it always turns out sooooooo amazing and makes my tummy happy! 


This is the pink jet as we like to call it that my family got for Annabelle! 
She loved playing in it and I know she'll have even more fun when she 
can walk herself around in it like the Flinstones!


1. Joc was sick so I made her wear a mask when she was holding AnnaB, didn't want to take any chances of my little getting sick! (Annabelle looks extra chunky in this pic!) 
2.  Annabelle in size compared to my Mom's stuffed animals.
3. Pink fuzzy bear blanket Annabelle got from Tutu.
4. Tara and Joc would fight over who would get to hold AnnaB next, her aunts definitely love her! 
5. I think Annabelle made Phil and Nicki baby hungry...hopefully they will get married soon and give her some cousins! 
6. Uncle Phil and Annabelle. 
7. Making Dad pose with me for a pic! 
8. Selfie with my Tara.


Mom was soaking in all the attention she could get from her very first grandchild.  I loved 
watching my Mom with her and knew that she would make the
best Grandma who would teach her valuable things and always show her love.


While we were in SV we went and met up with Jay and Jenn since they 
were there for the holidays too.  It was so fun to catch up with them and chat for a bit.  
Jenn and I always have something to laugh about when we are together, and hers is a 
friendship I will always cherish.  She was such a big support to me while I was going 
through infertility problems with Annabelle.


I appreciate all the time my Mom puts into decorating the house for Christmas.
Her tree takes her awhile to do but when it's done it's so beautiful.
She has started collecting some vintage Santa Clauses too.  
Jenny Payne sent me a text for Christmas and I can't help but laugh
when I get her doodles, they are too cute and she makes sure to 
send me one for every holiday!

Grandpa and Annabelle spent a lot of 1-1 time in his recliner! They would just
sit there and hang out.  It was so awesome to see my Dad
with her! I'm his first daughter and Annabelle is his first granddaughter!





My talented Mom made Annabelle her 1st Christmas dress and it was just beautiful! My Mom is amazing and so sweet to always want to make her dresses! Thanks Grandma Shaver, 
you're the best seamstress around! 

We had a wonderful time at my parents and I'm happy we could celebrate her very first Christmas with them and all my brothers and sisters in Sierra Vista!


3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I loved to see that you are sharing Quirkle with your family! :-) I love seeing all the pics of Belle. Lincoln still remembers her and says her name. We miss you guys!

Katie said...

She already has so much personality and the sweetest smile! Thanks for the update!

rach & scott said...

Yay, we made the blog!! Official friends... love it. Love the post. You and Annabelle are so adorable. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you about dinner! I haven't figured out a good day, yet. My friend is coming to town next week, but I am thinking the week after we should be free. Love your blog!