In an effort to blog more and an attempt to remove my dark, denial, doomed Kingman sunglasses I figured why not think of the small things in my life that make me smile; which also equals me being able to make my blessings more visible. Hopefully this attempt can be made on a weekly basis.
Pause... Imagine your life without a Target or Costco...FEAR is my first thought! So, little K-town doesn't have either. Ummmmmm... I don't really prefer Kingman... I can't say hate because that's a strong word so ummmmmmm let's just say I'm not a fan of this odd town. Simply put its kinda like someone splattered Walmart all over the place! No bueno.
Can I please maybe trade in the 3 Taco Bell's, 2 KFC's, 3 Mc Donald's, 2 Sonic's, 2 Carl's JR's, 1 Del Taco, 5 Subways and the 1 Wendy's for a Target?!?! I often wonder why such a small town like Kingman must have so much of each fast food, it's annoying. I guess that's a small town for ya though... I think it's also because Kingman is such a pit stop for everyone that the fast food places must make bank on all the travelers who come through.
Yet, I still have hope for this town because Sierra Vista is now such a nice little city with tons of great stores and restaurants. When we first moved there it only had a Walmart and Hastings back in 1992. Then again I hope that we aren't here long enough to see it prosper.
First thing that I want to put on here that brings the corners of my mouth up is... Chocolate Milk!! It can't just be a powdered or off brand chocolate milk, it has to be the Shamrock Farms chocolate milk!!! Yes, this makes me giddy. Is there a drink out there that just brings warm fuzzy's to your heart?
Seasons of Life - Changes we've seen lately
8 years ago







3 comments:
Oh, Ellie. I am sorry that Kingman is so hard. I can't say I blame you for feeling how you do because I think that I would feel the same way. I do know how it feels to not have anything close and it's hard. Hang in there.
I love choc milk too, but if it's a store bought kind I have to mix it with white milk to make it a little less thick!
Ellie, you are cute. Of course you would say Chocolate milk! I would have to say Strawberry Lemonade from Cheesecake factory. Delicious! When are you coming to town again? It's time to play!
:-( Bummer that you're having a hard time in Kingman. BUT! I remember a certain someone who was very, very unhappy in Thatcher at first and later it wasn't so bad ;-) And plus you met some wonderful lifelong friends in Thatch so it just may be the same with Kingman. Love you Leese!!
Post a Comment