Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

30 Week Appt--Paxton

Today I had a normal routine check up with Dr. Whipp at the OB office, it was my 30 week appointment.  Jeff was able to come and we brought Annabelle with us too.  I gained a couple of pounds and knew that with this pregnancy I was going to be putting on more weight than I did with Annabelle.  I peed in the cup and then they took me back to wait for Dr. Whipp.  He came in and as normal we chatted for a bit about life and how things were going and how I was feeling.  He asked me questions and if I was feeling anything different or had cramping or was sick, and like always I answered no to all of the above and said things were fine.

I was a bit surprised, but he brought up scheduling a date for my c-section so that we could start planning ahead what we needed to do to prepare for it.  We looked at the calendar and chose March 11, 2014 @ 7:30 a.m.  I liked the sound of that date because my birthday falls on the 11th too.  I couldn't believe that we had an actual date for your birth, Dad and I were both excited!  Dr. Whipp listened to the heart beat and it sounded strong and good and was at a normal rate.  We shook his hand goodbye and set another follow up appointment for the following 2 weeks with him.

On the way home in the car I couldn't help but bring up to Jeff that in my gut I felt like I wasn't going to make it to 39 weeks to have the scheduled c-section and my gut (later on realizing it was the spirit) was telling me that something crazy would happen instead with my labor.  Since I worry about every little thing Jeff's response was, "Yeah right Elle, he'll come on the date we scheduled."  I was even hesitant to call my Mom and share the good news with her and to plan for when they should come down.  After Wednesday I just couldn't shake the feeling off that something unexpected would arise.

After really pondering about my feelings and how unsettled I felt about the c-section date I began to see clearly that it was the spirit preparing me for a situation that would be less than ideal.  Now looking back on those promptings, I should have paid more attention to the Holy Ghost's warnings.  The original due date for Paxton was March 16, 2014.  I was able to push a lot of my concerns aside knowing that I still had 10 weeks to go so maybe nothing out of the ordinary would happen.  Well at least I was hoping and praying that it would not.

I couldn't help but feel unsettled about carrying Paxton full term, Annabelle was born at 37 weeks and I knew my body and that for some reason I just don't carry full term.  All in all this was a lesson about faith and that I needed to trust in Heavenly Father and that no matter the outcome He and Jeff would be with me and that Paxton would be born healthy and strong. Here's to baby Schaub #2!!! :)

0 comments: