This tattered little puppy dog with it's arm torn off will always bring back so many memories. For a while when Annabelle was a year and 1/2 old it wasn't a special blankie that she would not go to sleep without, it was this raggedy puppy dog she had to sleep with!
I realized she had loved it so much bc she had this trait of "picking" at things while she slept or to put herself to sleep. We had noticed after awhile that she had pulled his arm all the way off and would stick her little fingers down in there and pick out all the cotton, she loved to do it and we truly think that it helped put her to sleep. I often times debated on sewing his little arm back on but knowing Annabelle and how quick she is with things I know she would have found a way to tear through the stitches and pick all the cotton back out again.
It was funny because when we would go and put her to bed we would shake off her blankets and get ready to tuck her in and fluffs of cotton would always fly into the air. She knew what she was doing and would laugh about it too. This little dog was a must have even when we went on our trips to Mesa. Now being 2 1/2 she doesn't think much about him and when she does find him amongst her other stuffed animals she just laughs and says, "My doggie!"
Her new thing as of late to pick at is her pull ups. After I tuck her into bed she puts her little hands under the blankets to pick the cotton lining stuff off the sides of her pull up, she is so funny. Her bedroom floor and hallways are full of the cotton from her pull ups. She tells me at bedtime, "I pick at my diaper Mom!"
0 comments:
Post a Comment