This past weekend my parents came to visit us for their 37th anniversary! They were debating on going to California but decided to come here because their need to see the grandkids was greater. I'm thankful for their example of what an eternal marriage should be. It's always fun when they come because they spend time with the kids and we all enjoy yummy food together and most of all we get to make new memories. I made this sign and hung it on their door.
Just a couple things I always want to remember about my dad…
He's never been one to be very picky about his food, if anything he creates the most exotic things to eat and it makes me laugh so much! His preferred snack for the day in this pic was something he called a "banana dog" I took a bite and it honestly wasn't that bad! More power to ya Dad for thinking of a healthy creative snack.
I always want to remember that my Dad likes to put special treats in the bottom of his drink cup. I think I could stick a spider in his cup and it wouldn't phase him. Don't know if he's losing his taste buds or if he just enjoys the experience of mixing flavors with his water? Multiple times this weekend I looked in his cup and found new treasures. My favorite was when he told me himself he had chewed up cherries and put those in his water along with some grapes.
I then took it upon myself at dinner to put tomatoes and lettuce in his drink and he happily drank it, Annabelle even joined in on the fun and added cheese too! He was content with his new drink and swallowed it all down!
My Dad is also known for rummaging around in the kitchen for scraps and making a snack, those are pretty special treats too. He'll mix any leftovers in a bowl and just add milk and call it good. Dad, you are one-of-a-kind and I love you all the more for it.
Of course Mom had to make a pit stop at JC Penny's so we had to do some Daddy/daughter selfies.
My Dad loves nothing more than to hold little Paxey and wait for him to give his million dollar smile! Dad said, "Who pays him to smile like that?" I love that Paxton's bright smile makes everyone else happy.
Dad kept his tradition alive and on Sunday morning woke up and made us his famous biscuits and gravy. He was so proud of me for having wheat flour he could cook with! I'm catching on to your healthy ways Dad.
I love you to the moon and back Dad and even more thankful that I have someone like you in my life who I can learn so much from…you are definitely not in any form a NO LOAD!












0 comments:
Post a Comment