The holiday season seems to just point out all of your blessings directly that you should be thankful for. I know that Heavenly Father has so many blessings in store for all of us and I have a testimony that if we are living righteously we will be worthy to receive them. I often feel like Heavenly Father is testing me and saying "Come on Elisa...just give and do a little more and endure through your trials and there will be endless amounts of blessings for you!" So, here is what my lil' heart is thankful for:
1. Of course the top one on my list is that I am ever so thankful for my sweet husband Jeff who can handle my baby tantrums and still love me. We are 10 days away from our 1 year anniversary! :) :)
2. I'm thankful that last night Jeff went quietly into the kitchen and made me some yummy hot chocolate with whip cream on top. The funny thing is that I was sitting on the couch wanting some since it was cold, but I was to lazy to make my own. Jeff makes it perfect anyways, because he actually measures the water.
3. I'm thankful for my loving and hard working Mother who makes numerous sacrifices for us 8 kids constantly. My mom is incredible and one of the most thoughtful people I know. I only hope to have some of her qualities one day. My mom is a soldier and can get through any trial with the largest amount of faith I have ever seen. Mom, I love you.
4. I'm thankful for my sweet, supportive father who honestly has never missed anything important in my life. I'm thankful for his example that he has always set for me to be a better person. Dad, it meant so much to me when I was at EA with no car and you would come and pick me up at the drop of a coin whenever I was homesick to take me back to Sierra Vista. I love you so much Daddy!
5. I'm thankful for my 4 brothers and 3 sisters who keep me laughing all the time. Now that I am older I can definitely say I enjoy being in a large family. My mom would always tell me, "Blood is thicker than water Elisa."
6. I'm thankful for the opportunities I have had to hear my Primary kids sing "I am a Child of God" and how it always gives me goose bumps.
7. I think I have been tremendously blessed with amazing friends. People always ask me how I am so good at keeping in touch with all of them and it's honestly because you guys have all made an effective mark on my life, how could I not want to keep in touch with you?!?
8. I'm thankful for the perfect love and outreaching hands that my Heavenly Father always offers me.
9. With how the world is right now I am extremely grateful to have a job, our own home, 2 cars and food on the table.
10. I'm thankful for my generous and humble in-laws the Schaubs. Just the other day they thanked me for being in their family, and I thought..."Thank you for letting us always eat your food and for raising such a thoughtful boy that I got to marry."
11. I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to work in the temple cafeteria for a bit last year. My most fav thing about being there was that I would run the cash register and all the little old people would come through the line dressed in white and I felt like I was in heaven cause they reminded me of angels.
12. This is silly, but I am thankful for Jeff cause he loves my little "Ellie Elf Ears" that I have, and always wants me to put my hair in a pony tail to show them off. I always want to hide them.
If you haven't yet, take some time and write your blessings down. I promise you that afterwards you will appreciate more of what you have and the trials in your life won't seem as BIG.
Seasons of Life - Changes we've seen lately
8 years ago






1 comments:
I am thankful for you! :)
Post a Comment