Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cinderella, Mr. Incredible Buzz and Shamu!!

We had our 1 year anniversary on Dec. 14th and we were so excited to reach this special landmark! We planned a trip to see our friends Cinderella, Minnie & Mickey, Mr. Incredible, Buzz, Sully and a bunch of others at Disneyland!!

We got a package deal and were able to stay at the Best Western right down the street from Disneyland. Here are some friends we met while hanging out at the Magic Kingdom! :)



Disneyland is so beautiful during the holidays cause it's all decorated for Christmas! They sure do know how to spread the Christmas cheer!!



Jeff loves the Buzz light year ride cause it's kinda like a video game where you get to shoot at targets, and of course he always gets the highest score!

It was soooooooo cold in California! Everyday we were bundled up in our coats, scarfs, and warm shoes. I'm mainly just a flip flop girl and never really wear tennis shoes so when I had to wear them all day my feet really hurt! So, yes this is a picture of me rubbing my own foot and Jeff was laughing. Believe it or not, but the next day I decided that I would try flip flops all day long...bad idea! There is no support at all in those things and my foot hurt for weeks afterward and I walked with a limp.


Ha ha...this picture is funny cause we went and got some ice cream and Jeff went off to take some pics and he caught me in action stealing some of his...I just wanted to try it!!

Ewwwwwwwwww gross...look what we found....


I want to live in this Princess Castle and just wake up and wear pretty dresses all day...anyone want to come with? Did you know that there is actually a room where visitors can stay? Not fair, I want to go!


On the last day we were at Disneyland we decided to walk back to our hotel room cause the shuttle was taking to long, so this girl stops us and asked if we wanted to go and listen to this time share presentation. At first we were really hesitant and shrugged it off and just wanted to go and rest and then all she had to do was mention FREE GIFT CARDS and then of course it peaked our interest a bit more. We thought about it and then finally decided to tell her no cause she was only going to give us $75.00 to Best Buy. We started walking back and then my husband said, "Let's ask her for double and I bet she will give in cause she seemed pretty desperate." With her being a salesperson of course she got paid off of how many people she sent to the hotel to listen to the lecture. We were so tired, but walked back and gave her our offer and she couldn't resist...so here is what we ended up with: $75 to Macy's and $75 to Best Buy...not bad eh??


The last place we went to before we went home was Sea World! Going to these places during the holidays = less time waiting in line for the rides too! They had flamingos just walking everywhere.

The first show that we saw was the dolphin one, and at that point I decided that I wanted a dolphin as a pet, so I told Jeff we needed a large swimming pool asap!

Then we saw the famous...SHAMU! He performed well as always and despite how cold it was outside people still sat in the SOAK ZONE!! Not us though...we stayed way back!


Then here are some other random pics from the trip!





Jeff, I love you and there is no one else that I would want to spend eternity with. You make it easy to find joy in the journey babe! I know it will only get better with you by my side! :) xoxxoxo

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun!! I have only been to Disneyland once, and I want to go again!!!

Erin said...

How fun!! I love Disneyland! I would live there if I could. Also, we're going to san deigo in a couple weeks, those sea world pictures made extra excited to go!

Benberly said...

Okay, too funny! I have a pic I was gonna send you of Benjamin & I with Mr. & Mrs. Incredible as well! And another one of me touching the starfish at Sea World too! Man, some things never change, we'll be dorks til the end my dear! :o) So glad to hear from you and catch up, and so glad Jenny became our long lost connection. Jennifer will actually be visiting this summer after the baby's born in April so will keep you posted but she always tells me to tell Jenny to tell you hi from her, so nice to cut out the middle man eh? So Elisa, Jen says hi :o) Chat with you soon! Oh and her boys are 8, 6, & 6...man she's old! j/k

Brenden+Nikki said...

That is so fun! ha ha I love all your facial expressions. You are definitely a fun vacation companion!! :)

Abbey said...

Elisa, I just love you. You two are funny! Here's my thoughts: a) enjoy these trips you take by yourselves without kids!!!!!!! and b) you two need a kid! haha. Love ya :)

The Solomon Fam said...

Happy Anniversary! After looking at all your fun pics I am dying to go to Disneyland again! Hope your second year of marriage is as awesome as your first!

Jen said...

Derald loves the Buzz Lightyear game too!! We always ride it like five times in a row when we go! Man, they are so alike..
Anyway, Disneyland looks like so much fun! And Sea World too! It makes me sad that I said I don't really like dolphins, especially since you want one as a pet now. Oh, and I love the picture where you're trying to kidnap a starfish! Ellie! You can't kidnap one! It'll die! So, you should be calling me, PS. So, call me!!!

The Payne family said...

Oh man, why can't I go to Disney Land? Will you tell JR that it's cool and that he should love it please?

Lindsey said...

I love Disneyland! I am so jealous, Ellie. I wish we could have hung out while you were here...

hdawgy said...

Happy Anni Elise! I can't believe it's been a year already! Awesome! It looks like you had a fun trip! I love Disneyland and yes I did know there is a room in the castle people can stay in...I saw it on the travel channel and I wanna stay there so bad! haha Let's go! Me and you! K done!

Ashley said...

I am so jealous of your December vacay!! How fun! I love that you went back to the same place as your honeymoon. Too cute!

Oh, the Elli tantrums. Give Jeff a break......if yours are anything like my Elli's then they are EXHAUSTING!!

Cravings??? Hmmmmmmm..........I'm not so sure you can just brush that one off Els. ;o)

Oh, and remember how I've been saving up for a camera for like 8 months? And remember how I wanted a Nikon? And then remember how you tried convincing me that a canon was better? Well, because of that, and a few others that have persuaded me, and googling every pro and con to both brands of cameras......... I changed my mind and ordered the Canon. For what I could afford, the canon will be able to do the most. So thanks!! Jeff helped with my decision. Way to research Jeff!

Oh yeah, love the new blog look. Cute.

Strand Family said...

Happy Anniversary! We went to Disneyworld for our honeymoon. It was wonderful. It looks like you had a ton of fun!
I posted a comment back to you on my blog :) Never sure how to answer back on blogs...do I go to the person's blog and post an answer on their most recent post or do I answer back on my own blog and hope they go back to it? I need a blog etiquette handbook!

Unknown said...

Hey Cute Ellie: I LOVED the pictures. It's so fun that we get to "go along" with you on your fabulous trips. I'm soooooo glad you're a Schaub!!!!
:)

Quinn said...

So I'm increadibly behind because I didn't know that you're married!! Congrats!! Secondly that looks like you guys had the best trip! I want to know Jeff's secret to getting all those gift cards without signing up on a time share! That's some sweet moves! Just looking at your pictures is making me realize I so desperately want to go to Disneyland and Sea World, it's been way too long!

Unstoppable Lindsey said...

SWEET! Did you stick around for Disney's magic snow at night?? Did you go to It's a Small World at night?? WOW. We were probably there at the same time! I went to Disneyland and SeaWorld too. Pretty much the best vacay ever! Love the pics. I know, who would have thought Cali could be so cold??

I must have had more hot chocolate there than ever in my life. Same for you??

Looks like a blast lady!