Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sheriff Chubby

Yikes, young women's has kept me busy but I LOVE it!! It's definitely time for an update! My birthday was last week and I had a wonderful day, and Jeff really did make it so special for me! It's funny how willing he was to make all my bratty birthday
wishes come true, thanks babe!

This is going to sound like I am a kindergartner again, but I have to talk about our teddy bears that we have at our house, so that a present I got for my birthday will make sense! Ok, so it's not like we collect teddy bears or anything, but for Christmas my mom and I were doing some holiday shopping and we found this New Year's bear at Dillard's, so she bought it for me and her name is Molly:


Will you please tell me if you think this is a girl or boy bear? Jeff says all bears are boy's but I disagree! Then for Valentines day I bought Jeff this bear and we named him Jeebs!

I tried my best to get Jeff to take a pic with his adorable bear, but he resisted! Alright, so we have these 2 bears and just love them...sorry we don't have kids and have to find replacements! Ha ha! Random... but for one of my birthday presents I always told Jeff that I wanted him to go to Build-A-Bear and make me a bear. I just thought that it would be the sweetest thing if a macho boy like him walked in there and made a bear for his wife on his own. He told me that when he did this the bear would resemble him and it was not going to be a bear with glitter and fluff, I told him that was fine and I wanted something to remind me of him anyways! He had me convinced that he didn't make me a bear, and I was a bit sad about it, but Monday morning on my birthday there was the Build-A-Bear box on the couch when I woke up and I was ohhhhhh so happy!!




The bear I pulled out was named Sheriff Chubby and was stuffed, dressed and all put together by my loving husband!! They come with this little certificate too! Jeff has always secretly wanted to be a cowboy so it did fit him. I love his little cowboy hat and jeans Jeff picked out too!! Anyways, that's my bear story but I love it cause I really can keep this bear forever!! Make your hubbies do it, it's a great present!




Later on Jeff had a little surprise birthday party for me with some of our friends and family! He ordered our favorite wings from this delish place right by our house called Wing Stop. (Go there...it's the BEST) Then later on he gave me this big Dora card with a $50 gift card to get a massage! I've never had a massage! Thanks to all the friends and fam who came over and wished me a happy birthday! It's not fun being in the 27 year old club...so I will just keeping telling little white lies that I am 23...I could still pass for that right??

Jeffrey also had a birthday on April 23! Since he always calls me Dora I made him a Diego cake! Back in the day I used to specialize in candy bar poster grams, so I decided to bust out the markers and make him one! And yes...he did eat all the chocolate! :) I think one of Jeff's least favorite present that he did NOT ask for on his birthday is that I went and chopped my hair off, I cut 6 inches!! I don't know what got into me but I was just being a typical girl and wanted a change...I like it but he is not very fond of it. You can see in all the pics how much shorter it is! I was done trying to grow it out and have mermaid hair...never was going to happen. Sorry Jeff...it will grow back!!



A couple of weekends ago we also were able to go to Sierra Vista to see my little sister Jocelyn in a musical, she had one of the leading roles! The play was called the Mystery of Edwin Drood and for most of it she played a young boy!! She was amazing and I didn't even know that girl could sing! Joccie, you did awesome and I'm so proud of you!!! Really, she looked
fantastic on stage and stole the show!!


I told her that she was living my dreams cause my drama teacher was not exactly the nicest person and cheated me out of a lot of opportunities in theatre back in high school! Joccie, I can't believe that you are now 17, you are not allowed to get older! I'm glad that you are my little sis though, and it was so wonderful to go down there to support you! :)
We are some of your biggest fans!! Oh, and sorry I could not curl your hair right...



13 comments:

Amber Fenn said...

Just wanted to say that Molly is definitely a girl!!! Her cute little coat says it all :)

P.S. Thanks again for your help yesterday!!

Katie said...

YOU CUT YOUR HAIR?! SO SO SO CUTE! You're so fun! And I can't believe how old your siblings are! I'm feeling extra old!

Ashley said...

Loved the bears. All of them. That whole story cracks me up......and is so you. I love it.

And your hair is CUTE. Actually, really cute.

So, did you get my email?? You better go check that inbox and get back to me. Just wondering what will go down next week.

Oh my gosh......and Jocelyn. I had no idea. Look at her! Are you so proud of her??? She's a little Elisa!! Gosh, she has grown up. What an adorable girl. Okay, and Jarom too. Wow, high school musical is all I can think of when I see him. Weird. Such a teeny bop little cutie boy. :)

Lindsey said...

Ellie I can't believe you chopped your hair off! You are one brave girl. I think it looks adorable on you so don't listen to Jeff's blather.

Your bear is cute but if I ever had Chris make me a build-a-bear he would probably make a unicorn with chaps. And where would I put that?

Kim's just sayin' said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CUT YOUR HAIR!!! I guess that means I totally won the long hair race, ha ha. I think I was winning from day one like 6 years ago anyways. it's cute. sounds like your b-day was fun. and don't worry Nate and I made a pact that we would both be forever 25 so you can do it too!!!

Tavia said...

Your hair is adorable, Lovie! It makes you look 23. :) Miss you, and I'm glad you had a good B-day.

Much love.

The Wheelers said...

what a great guy! what a great family you have!! they are all growing up way too fast...
love your hair!

Unstoppable Lindsey said...

Happy Happy B-day to you!! Wow, are hubby's the best...that is what they say anyway! What a sweety for making you a bear. You know, I am sure it didn't seem very manly at the time...but wow, that sure proved that he is a top grade-A man! Wow, I can't believe how much your sis has grown up! She looks amazing. I am glad you had such a fab b-day!

Matt and Megan said...

K so my hubby is as bad at calling his oldest best friend as your hubby, so here I am!! We have GOT TO GET together!!! We love you guys and want some Jeff and Ellie time!! I will snag Jeffs number from matts phone and we can plan something!! Love your hair by the way!

Garet and Amanda said...

I love your bears, they are so cute. Especially the one the jeff made you. you are luck!!!

Corri said...

I love reading your blog because I miss you so much! I LOVE the haircut even though you gave up on the mermaid hair. I'm in the process of getting my mermaid hair back. I haven't had it cut (except one little trim recently) since last August by Tav. Anyway, I love you tons and you'll always be 23 to me! :D

The Regimballe Family said...

Happy Birthday! Love your cute Sheriff bear. What a sweet hubbie you have! Are you going to SV for the 4th??

Mary Anne said...

what a cute present for your birthday! so so thoughtful. i acutally thought about you on the day that i thought it was your birthday, but i couldn't remember if it was the 11th or not. the 12th? i'm so bad. i know jocelyn's is right around there too...i'm thinking the 9th. i should have sent a text! sorry.

love your hair.

awesome cake and candy poster for jeff. you got skills girl.