Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Kiwi Bird

I don't like to talk much about my job at the wonderful world of University of Phoenix, but one thing that makes me laugh are some of the names of my students. In honor of one of my students I wanted to give a loud shout out to the kiwi bird, I did not know that this bird existed. I get tons of special new students every week that I am required to speak to and one week in particular I was calling a student by the name of Willie, during the call he proceeded to tell me just to call him Kiwi...AWKWARD!!! Kiwi?!?! Why?!?! I did ask him why and he said, "because when I was younger my parents always told me I looked like the kiwi bird." There is such a bird? To say the least I'm afraid of what my student looks like cause the kiwi bird has a gigantic nose. My finance counselor that I work with refuses to call him this nick name cause he thinks that it might be a dirty pet name, but he did promise me that he would call the student Kiwi if he passes his courses. My students don't have the best track records and most of them only strive to get by with D's!

In closing I wanted to leave you a bit of humor with some other names I have had the opportunity to screw up while trying to pronounce them on the phone with the student. Bless the hearts of all the Mom's out there who might have thought that it was ok to create such names for people. Enjoy! :)

QUENAH
GHYNA
ZAUNEPPS
KENNETRICE
KINSHAWSA
SHAMIKQUA
WAUNETT
KARRKETTA
SHAQUELLA
QUARTINELLA (FAVORITE!)
MCQUEENA
PETAGAY
JA'QUETTA
SHA'TAVIUS
FRANKESHIA
NIKJOVNIA
WILNESHIA
ZIPPORAH
SUOMAYYAH
SUVANNEE

I think my favorite has to be all the names with a "Q" in them...why why why?!?!? Ha ha!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH...

Amber Fenn said...

My favorite is FRANKESHIA. The parents were obviously set on naming their little boy FRANK when they got a little girl. What to do?! Oh just add SHIA. Really?!

Ashley said...

I think 99% of these are black and can I please meet Petagay?

Kim's just sayin' said...

somehow all of these names just seem so PERFECT for you! It's saving you the time of having to give nick names to them because really what could be better than what they already have!

hdawgy said...

hahahaha Seriously??? Are any students at University of Phoenix white??? Some of those you made up!!!

Matt and Megan said...

Now you have a list of names for when you and Jeff have little ones!! Ha Ha! Hey we took our blog private but our old blog is still up so leave me your email so I can invite you!! Chili's is having their $20 special we need to plan a date!!

Abbey said...

Elisa, I'm dyin'. So funny!! And yeah, if one of your kids pops out as a much darker color, then you're set!... lol. I miss you, I want to hear more complainy Elisa!!