---> Random and scattered thoughts from me...Alyssa Skeh-ha-bay...(yes someone once called me that!)
Big Bear Lake, California:
We get to go there next week with Jeff's parents, they were so kind to invite us!! Definitely will have something to post about after that trip! Can't wait!!!!
Primary:
Yup, we got called back in! Why can't it be a rule not to call the new members of the ward into this calling?!?! We were looking forward to getting to know the other members, but I should not complain....I feel blessed to have 12 more little friends who are 5 year olds, their random comments catch me off guard, but it's great to be in their world for a bit on Sundays!
I heart my Ipod:
Did I mention that Jeff got me an ipod for my birthday? I don't play with it as much as he plays with his Ipad so he thinks that I don't like it, but I LOVE it babe!! Promise. Jeffrey is so sweet and constantly updates it for me, adds pics, new music and makes sure that I have all the free new apps available! My new favorite app: Mormon Channel. (It reads your scrips to YOU!)
I love my Girrliefriends:
I've recently been able to meet up with a lot of them and it's been fun to re-connect and get into that hyper, giggly mode with you gals! I've been so blessed to have so many incredible friends who care about me, thank you! :)
Day planner:
I'm obsessed with mine, can I please be any more old fashioned and carry one around with me? I don't go a day without highlighting something that is important that I need to do this week, I can't help it. I'm anal about planning and organization.
Toothpaste on the Mirror:
Lately, ok well maybe more than that I feel like maybe I nag Jeff a bit more than I should, but I can't help it. Usually the stuff I feel like I have to remind him over and over again about is so petty and it always makes me think of this one story I read in the Ensign.
It was about this older couple who had been married for 60 years and the wife always found herself blaming her husband and getting mad at him for always leaving toothpaste on the mirror. He ended up passing away and she missed him more than she anticipated. On her first cleaning day after his death she wiped the toothpaste off the mirror, but on the second cleaning day, there was more toothpaste on the mirror. The same thing happened on the third and fourth cleaning day as well.
She realized that she had blamed her husband for toothpaste on the mirror for many years, but really it had been both of them splashing toothpaste. In the end she said, "I learned from this experience the need for forgiveness and tolerance in our relationships, and I honestly try to be more forgiving in my own. It seems such a waste of time to fret about small offenses. There are more important things to worry about than toothpaste on the mirror.
Jocelyn:
Little sister I love you! It has to mean something that we are both Taurus's and that you were 2 days away from being born on my birthday. Thank you for putting your mental institution gown on so that we can photo booth it up and Ichat our way through our problems, of course with the help of Miss Butterfly! Your sweet texts with all your made up creative words brings sunshine to my DP days. Your energy for life is contagious and I always look forward to our next hang out so that we can do dumpster drop off's at ASU and sing to our hearts content and dance our way through every song on the radio! Come visit Schaub Cottage soon!
Have a jumpin' joyful week everyone! :)
Seasons of Life - Changes we've seen lately
8 years ago






6 comments:
That toothpaste story was so sweet. I need to work on that too.
And I loved this random information blog entry. Very awesome.
Eeeelisa [missbutterfly] I love you so much! Thanks for putting me in your bloggity blog! :) I always enjoy reading your blogs, it puts a smile on my face.
Im just as anal about my planner too I am constantly writing in my to dos for that day. I love it though.
Im so grateful to have you in my life, I love and appreciate all that you do for me. You are always the perfect person to talk and a great example to follow. Utah this weekend :0!
Love,
Jocelyn Ann
ELLIE I NEED TO COME SEE YOU!! CAN I COME VISIT ASAP!!!! I NEED SOME ELLIE TIME!!
Ok:
1. What a fun trip you are going to have. I am excited to see pictures.
2. I am sorry that you got called back into primary. When I had to teach, I went home crying every Sunday b/c my kids were so awful. But I hope that you have a better experience. YOu are better with kids than me so I am sure that you will.
3. Jenny got an ipod for her bday too. How fun.
4. I don't blame you for having a day planner. I like having all of that stuff written out too. I don't like doing it all electronically. I used to be anal about it too when I was working, but now that I just stay home I don't really have anything to write so I don't keep anything.
5. That toothpaste story was cute.
Lurv ya!
Can't wait for Vegas vaca in like 4 months! HA!
Elisa! I love the horrid pronunciation of your name. That is awesome. And say what?!? Your scriptures get read to YOU? What will they think of next. I had never heard that toothpaste story, but wow I'm pretty sure that is sooo me. I'm going to try and be better once Dusty gets back. Life's too short to be frustrated with each other.
You are hilarious! I love reading your blog!
Post a Comment