Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Goodbye twenties & Happy Mother's Day

Although I keep a hand written journal I still value the importance of blogging because it's a way to journal the events of our life in pictures and I hope to be able to print our blog soon one year at a time.  Lots of things to catch up on so pleeeeeease excuse me as I make my way through a blog overload.


It's true...I'm in denial of being in the 30's club...I don't feel that old and still consider myself to be in my twenties.  My friends used to laugh at me because when people asked my age I always naturally just blurted out...26 or 27 not realizing that wasn't my true age and just walked away. Whoopsies!!  

My birthday ended up on a Friday this year and it just so happens that we were also leaving to Mesa that day to spend the weekend there before we flew out to Michigan that following Monday for a 2 week trip for Jeff's work.

I had some wonderful surprises that morning of some friends visiting and stopping by to drop off some birthday presents.  My friend Megan Campos came over with some flowers which was so thoughtful of her.  Then my other good friend Lisa Fairbanks stopped by with an oreo mcflurry {made for a yummy breakfast} and an amaaaaaazing $25 gift card to Olive Garden!!  I have the absolute best friends in the world who never seem to forget my birthday and always send me a text message, thank you for remembering! 

I knew that Jeffrey was going to get me my cruiser bike when we got back from Michigan so that was something to look forward to.  More than anything though, I treasure the sweet and well written cards that Jeff gives to me on all my birthday, holidays and anniversaries.  He really has a way with words, and what he writes always seems to melt my little Ellie heart.

We planned a small birthday party that night at my in-laws, and of course they are always the most incredible hosts and provided some yummy treats for everyone and Debbie was so sweet and made me a Texas sheet cake for my birthday. My Dad, Mom, Aunt Paqui and sister Joc were all able to stop by at the party.  

I look forward to these priceless doodle texts from my friend and best roommate Jenny Payne...


My FAVORITE "JENNY'S" were able to stop by and celebrate with us for a bit.  My single days would not have been the same without these fun gals.  {Jenny Stephan, Jenny Payne & Jenn Mullenaux}



Love my familia!!!  My Aunt Paqui is seriously like my 2nd Mom.


Mom, how beautiful are you in your cute trendy shirt??? I want to be 61 and look that good.




Thank you Joc for my cute sandals from Target...love them and think of you when I wear them!

My turning 30 birthday bike!  This cute thing actually came from Walmart!  Jeffrey picked it out especially for me, he said it had Eebees written all over it.

Mother's Day was simple, but still very special since it was my first one.  We did lunch at my Uncle Ozzie's house and my Mom made her yummy enchilada's.  It's always such a struggle to spend time with both families, but it ended up working out that day and we had dinner at Kiki's house later and honored Jeff's Mom there. 





I was able to find some cute metal signs for all the Mom's that I felt had sayings on them that were unique to each Mom.  I got lots of sweet cards and money from my parents.  I'm so very blessed and thankful to be a Mom to my sweet, sweet Annabelle.  In this short time of having the opportunity to be her Mom I've learned more patience, what unconditional love really is, how much closer Jeff and I are now that we have her, and that I would sacrifice anything for the sake of her happiness. 

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Cute bike, Elle! We miss you guys tons, too!

The Payne family said...

Ellie, wow this was so long ago! Perhaps there is hope for me catching up on my blog too. I forgot we had even taken that picture on your birthday. I love that you posted my doodle!

The Payne family said...

Ellie, wow this was so long ago! Perhaps there is hope for me catching up on my blog too. I forgot we had even taken that picture on your birthday. I love that you posted my doodle!

cj said...

That bike is adorable! I want one! And I totally agree with feeling like you're still 26 when really you're older and older. It's such a weird feeling. Happy 30th!!! Looks like you had a wonderful birthday!

I'm excited to catch up on your blog!! And thanks so much for your sweet comments on ours. You always say the nicest things!