Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Michigan {Part 3}

We did have a small fridge in our hotel and bought a little bit of food but unfortunately still ate out a lot.  I remember Jeff got this organic peanut butter at whole foods and it was yummy, we also had everything bagels with vegetable cream cheese a lot too and cereal.  Back then I was still breastfeeding Belle and only giving her solids.

We did try a new place we hadn't been to before called Panera Bread, and it was divine!  It's similar to Paradise Bakery but I think better.  I had their turkey sandwich with avocado on their homemade bread and it was delish!  We of course couldn't walk away without purchasing some of their pastries.




Peony Garden:

Another tourist site that someone mentioned we must also see was the Peony Gardens at Michigan University...the beauty there was honestly breathtaking!  We found ourselves surrounded by lots of unique flowers, tall and abundant green trees, and the other beauties of mother nature.  They had many trails that you could take and just walk around.  We could have spent all day there.





Hey there grumpy baby...





Belle is now famous for this scowl face that she makes...she does it all the time!  Especially if I tell her no or not to do something!  We call it her squinty eyes!!!






So, after walking a bit on one of the trails we came to this big open wide field where people where just playing soccer and hanging out!  Everything there was just so well taken care of which definitely made it prettier. Tons of people passed us who were just running the trails.







She loooooooooves her Daddy!



Frankenmuth:

One of the last places we visited on Sunday when Jeff finally had a day off was this little town called Frakenmuth.  We found out about this place from a lady who owned one of the laundry mats that we had to use because we were running out of clothes to wear.  On the day we decided to go it was pretty hot so we didn't stay long but walked around.  It was a cute little German town with lots of places to see, places to shop and different cheeses to try!








"I want this pretty princess dress Mommy and I'm not going to let you put it back!" 














We were going a bit craaaaaaazy while we were there though because all we wanted was to sample a good original german sausage, but they were no where to be found.  Jeff and I decided that one day when we are retired we will move there and open up a stand that sells sausages...we could make bank doing it!

The other funny thing is that we were getting hungry and wanted to try a restaurant that we had never been to before and everyone kept telling us that the Bavarian Inn had great food.  So, we went there and it was a bit pricey but we decided just to stay because we didn't want to walk around anymore trying to find another food place.  We sat down and started looking at the food around us on the other tables and it honestly looked like cafeteria food...bad idea we thought so we politely told the waitress that we had to go and left! We then remembered the laundry mat lady telling us there was this other place on the way home that was sooooooo good and we should stop there for dinner...well we found it and from the ghetto looking outside we didn't want to go in and waste anymore time.  The place looked more like a trucker stop too. We ended up at Outback Steakhouse which is one of our fav's and always delivers tasty food.

Golfing: 

Poor Jeffrey did put in some long hours at work and they even made him come in on a Saturday.  We also lugged his golf clubs with us all the way to Michigan in hopes that he would have time to play and thankfully enough someone from work had invited him out to the course.  Belle and I went with because when the weather is so nice and cool we wanted to take advantage of it.  Boy oh boy...did she LOVE the golf cart!  We pretended to let her drive it around and she was in heaven! It was so cute watching her get so excited!






Living out of a hotel for 2 weeks was waaaaaaaay too long for us so it was pleasant to get back to good ol' Arizona!  Thank you Michigan for all the lovely memories, fantastic weather and family fun time!

5 comments:

Strand Family said...

Okay, so I know AZ is often behind the times, but Panera?! It was in VA when we moved there in high school. We have one about 5 mins from us here in Rochester and there's a bunch of them in Minneapolis when I was pregnant with Penny I'd go to my doc's office then stop at Panera and get a sweet tea and a chocolate croissant. I hope you can get to another Panera soon.
I loved all the photos especially the one of Belle hanging onto the dress and driving the golf cart. Too cute!

Jenn said...

Love the pics and I am so happy that you are blogging! I especially love Belle's squinty eyes. Too cute! I miss your face!!!

Unstoppable Lindsey said...

Belle is amazing. I can't believe her cheeks. When I see her, I'm gonna bite them! So, thanks for posting on my blog. I am totally interested in talking invites. I am not sure if you saw, but we are engaged!!!! EEK!

You can reach me at my email: lindseyblau@gmail.com

cj said...

Looks like you guys had such a fun trip! All the green trees and flowers reminded me a lot of Portland! And I totally know what you mean when it comes to looking at the fancy houses...we always are tempted to knock on their door and ask what they do for a living :)

There are so many cute pictures of Annabelle! She is adorable!

Cheryl said...

How cool am I for leaving a comment like 8 years after you posted this!?!

I love the pic of Belle in the bear bin. So cute. The scenery there looks beautiful.

It's funny to me that you had never been to Panera because we have them everywhere here, but I've been gone from AZ so long that I don't remember what's there!