We have been trying to get preg for awhile now and I have to admit I was pretty scared that it was going to take as long as it did for Annabelle and that we definitely should have been trying sooner. I didn't know it was such an art form to track ovulation and be on top of noticing the different signs of your body to know when you are ovulating. It's all very time consuming but worth it.
I thought I had been pregnant in June but Patty showed up, she had just made a late arrival. Then I went on a girls trip to Utah with all the YW and for sure thought that I would get my period there too because all the girls were getting it and I was waiting for mine. It never came. I'm silly and like putting off taking a preg test for awhile until my period is super past it's due date.
Right before we left on our trip to Altamont, Ut for a Johnson family reunion I wanted to take one. Thankfully I had 1 left in the bathroom, but of course silly me dropped it in the toilet so it was of no use!!! We were leaving early the next morning and Jeff thought it would be weird for me to take one at the hotel so I held off the urge and decided I would buy another one when we got back from Ut.
While we were at the reunion we found out that Jeff's cousin Amanda was pregnant and we actually had our first babies around the same time and I kept thinking how fun it would be to be pregnant again with her. My boobs were hurting a bit and last time I found out I was preg with Annabelle that was a huge sign for me so I thought maybe I was!
We got back on Friday July 12th, and that night I went and bought a pregnancy test. I had been feeling that I was pregnant and was hoping that my my intuitions were right, Jeff thought this time around I was too. I took the test and left the bathroom for longer than what it takes to get the results. Finally, I mustered up the courage and went back in to see the test sitting on the counter and it read "pregnant" on that small tiny screen! I stared at it for a moment then with tears in my eyes came out to the living room to show Jeff. He was playing a game so I told him to stop and he did and looked at it and said, "I already knew you were Elle!" He was just as excited as me to have baby Schaub #2.
It just felt so right this time around to get pregnant and we both agree that it has happened at a good time. I looked online and my due date is March 5, 2014. I think it will be awesome to have a Spring baby and I am so very thankful and excited.
I'm hoping for a little boy, but Jeff is convinced it's another girl. He's so in love with Annabelle and I know just wants another little princess to adore. I want a little boy to remind me of him!
I'm also so very thankful for my Mother's pioneer genes that I have inherited and fortunately this time around I haven't been sick at all either. I do feel more exhausted though and get tired a lot quicker by the end of the day. Usually by the time Jeff gets home I just want to lay on the couch and take a little nap. Sometimes in the morning I feel like my stomach is really empty so I am trying to eat breakfast earlier. I'm glad that I can feel well enough to take care of Annabelle and grow another baby inside.
My first Dr's appt is Aug. 15 and they will do an ultra sound. I feel like once the baby is confirmed through the ultra sound and doing well, I will have the courage to announce the happy news! I have anxiety from last time of getting pregnant so we decided not to tell anyone until after our first appt. Jeff and I are both joyful about raising another child and feel richly blessed that we get the opportunity to do so.
Seasons of Life - Changes we've seen lately
8 years ago







1 comments:
Congratulations friend!!! Another sweet child for your family is just wonderful news! We are so very happy and excited for you all and can't wait to meet the little prince!! Our hearts are full of joy with your happy news!! :)
Post a Comment