I did it...I pierced Annabelle's ears on Saturday July 7, 2012. Or should I say "we" pierced your ears? My sisters Tara and Amber were verrrrrrry persuasive about me doing it. They were super sweet though and offered to help pay for half of it because it was kinda pricy after you paid for the earrings, piercing itself and the cleaning solution. My mom pierced our ears when we were babies so I had wanted to do the same thing. I know everyone feels different about this, but for us I felt good with getting them done right now when you were little.
I'd been debating it for a long time and then this other little girl in our ward Tenley pierced her ears and she just looked so cute! That same Saturday I also went to go visit Jenny Stephan to meet her new little girl Claire and she was a huge help and calmed me down about it. She even called the piercing places at the mall and asked them all the questions I wanted answers too.
I was mainly worried about how much it would hurt you and the maintenance of it all. We met up with my sisters and brother Peter at Fiesta Mall and went to Claire's and looked at the different earrings. I decided on these white 14kt studs because they would go with everything. We had a Mc Donald's smoothie ready to give you after she did the piercing because I knew you loved them and was hoping it would distract you!
After a lot of reassurance and questions we did it, and honestly you didn't cry that much...you cry a lot more when you get shots. She did one ear at a time and it went really quick, and you sat very still. We were instructed to clean them 3x a day for 6 weeks so they would heal.
I've been very diligent about cleaning them and they have healed up really nice and haven't been infected at all. I think you look so very pretty with your baby glam!! I do have to admit that after doing it I felt bad and the couple days right after almost took them out because you kept pulling on them. I think in the future if I have another girl I would do it when she was about 8-9 months old because at that age I don't think she would have noticed something was on her ear. Annabelle doesn't even notice them at all anymore and stopped pulling on them like 3 days after which was a relief!
Dad wasn't there with us but later on we video chatted with him and he thought that you looked so pretty! I'm happy with the results and now you can sport baby bling on your ear and we don't have to worry about piercing them later on. I can't wait to switch them out and try a different more flat earring. With our without the earrings you have always been our stunning little Annabelle!
Seasons of Life - Changes we've seen lately
8 years ago









2 comments:
So cute!!
How CUTE is the baby glam!? I really do like it. Poor Sadie has a mother who lets her look a little homely at times. I need girly lessons! Can you teach me? :)
Post a Comment